Recommendations for colorful / childish rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
little_steve

Recommendations for colorful / childish rainwear

Post by little_steve »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some childish rainwear, especially made of polyurethane.
I'm a member of the ageplay community and I like to jump into puddles and having fun outdoor.
But most of the more colorful rainwear is too small or the material is too heavy (i.e. farmerrain).
My size is 1,76m so some bigger child clothes could fit me.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?
shinyphile

Re: Recommendations for colorful / childish rainwear

Post by shinyphile »

I am not sure your country but by first stop would be to order the bold and bright colors of PVC rainwear from pvc-u-like from the UK or MakeItKinky in the US. I don’t have their fabric swatches but they must in their vast choices have the thickness and color and shine you want.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

A few years ago, a UK-based enterprise/start-up emerged, albeit briefly, with the name of 'Big Kid Rainwear'. Their slogan was: 'Children's-style rainwear in adult sizes'. They offered adult-sized raincoats made from soft, shiny and noisy unlined PVC. They were in colourful designs. Sadly, the company folded not that long after they started up.

Here is a youtube video of someone who is wearing one of their raincoats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVxOiNWGis

'Destin' in Czechoslavakia used to offer kid's style raincoats made from shiny and soft PVC, and the larger sizes could easily fit an averaged-sized adult. The company still exists (see link below; you may need to language translate) and still sells rainwear of sorts. However, IF your rainwear preference is shiny, soft and noisy PVC, you will be disappointed: their current range is either PEVA/EVA (which is a totally different plastic altogether, and one which is inferior to PVC) OR the phthalate-free PVC rubbish, which lacks the buttery softness and smoothness of PVC plasticized (softened) with phthalate-based plasticizers.

https://www.plastenky.eu/plastenky-detske
mason

Post by mason »

I've actually got a vintage sixties yellow children's raincoat with brass clamps (in place of buttons) and an astronaut style hood, if you're interested.

It's in old stock/never worn condition.

I think it would fit you OK too.
little_steve

Post by little_steve »

Thanks for your posts and infos.
I'm from Germany, so European- and UK-based would be great.

I like more the modern rainwear for the children, so not that shiny and noisy and not that heavy.

For reference I really like this set, but it doesn't fit 100%: https://www.smilebutiken.se/vara-varuma ... ior-petrol