PFAS Bann in the EU 2025:

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
marcus_germany

PFAS Bann in the EU 2025:

Post by marcus_germany »

The EU wants to Bann pfas in 2025:

This also Means, after 2025 no new PVC products will be produced in the EU

So which Materials will remain for new fetish Rainwear?

Answer:
Latex*, PU, Nylon, Eva, (Polyester, Polyamid)

So keep your existing Rainwear.

https://bp-consultants.de/eu-will-tause ... em-exodus/

* Only natural latex, no Chlorided Latex
PVC is sexy.
MylarLover

Re: PFAS Bann in the EU 2025:

Post by MylarLover »

is it still legal to import PVC Products and foil balloons from outside EU in 2025?
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

I think it will be not legal. But, maybe, private selling of 2nd Hand products will remain legal, i don't know.
Private Selling and buying of 2nd hand inside the eu will remain legal.
PVC is sexy.
MylarLover

Post by MylarLover »

marcus_germany wrote: November 8th, 2023, 11:56 pm I think it will be not legal. But, maybe, private selling of 2nd Hand products will remain legal, i don't know.
Private Selling and buying of 2nd hand inside the eu will remain legal.
I heard that there will be a product liability in 2025 here in Denmark on products like balloons but I was told its only business importers that has to pay for it. I was told the sellers I buy from in the US and UK will have to pay for product liability but I have no idea how The EU and The danish government would make sellers in UK and US pay for it? I collect Mylar Foil Balloons from the US its also a plastic product just like PVC plastics.
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

As you can read here: mylar is bopet.
This is similar to pet
https://www.chemie.de/lexikon/Mylar.html
The (bo)pet iself is no pfas and remains legal but the plasticizers BPA and BPS are pfas and will no longer be allowed. If they find a pfas free replacement for bpa and bps, they can still produce mylar.
PVC is sexy.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

At the moment most plastic panties and many other medical products are made from PVC. I wonder which material they will use from that moment the use of PVC is forbidden. Maybe these applications will get an exception.
I also wonder what will happen with products that are already produced. Will they have to be destroyed ?
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

I do no know, maybe, only the production is forbidden, so maybe, it will sold until it is out of stock.
As i know, there is not one single material that can replace pvc, for every application there is anpother replacement but some of this replacement may also be banned if it contains chloride.

Replacements depending of the application are (without chloride): Latex, EVA, POE, PE, BoPet, PP, Polyester, PU.

I think, the reason, why things that were in the early days made of latex were later (after 1960) replaced by pvc is, that latex is more expensive than pvc. So the only reason often was the costs.

PVC also allowed mass Producion of many things as the Amount of available atex is limited so this might limit the amount of available Products in the Future.
PVC is sexy.