Obvious Rainwear Enthusiasts

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
JellyMan

Obvious Rainwear Enthusiasts

Post by JellyMan »

Have you ever come across someone who is very clearly one of us hiding in plain sight? In other words does something that others might not pick up on but YOU KNOW!

Many years ago I watched a magazine programme (might have been Pebble Mill at One) where a chap had restored an MG. The presenter asked him about the seats, which were clearly NOT made of plastic raincoats, to which the bloke held up a couple of clear plastic macs saying “I find material like this” - right mate clearly you just wanted an excuse to parade some raincoats from your collection in public!

JM
snapfront

Re: Obvious Rainwear Enthusiasts

Post by snapfront »

there was a teacher at my high school who wore either a black or red unlined nylon jacket to work every day, regardless of temperatures.
I took a summer class that he taught one year and he still wore those jackets each and every day in temperatures near and sometimes over 100 degrees.
we were alone in the classroom once and I got up the courage to ask him about why he always wore the jacket, and I feel like I could see him blush slightly, he almost stuttered, and answered around it and quickly changed the subject.
I never tried to bring it up again.

I remember the students being completely perplexed by his wardrobe decision and talked about it often.
at one point I heard another kid bring this up in class, but again, he just skirted around any answer and moved on.

I always just assumed that it was because it turned him on in the same way it did for me.
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

snapfront wrote: March 12th, 2023, 6:12 am there was a teacher at my high school who wore either a black or red unlined nylon jacket to work every day, regardless of temperatures.
I took a summer class that he taught one year and he still wore those jackets each and every day in temperatures near and sometimes over 100 degrees.
we were alone in the classroom once and I got up the courage to ask him about why he always wore the jacket, and I feel like I could see him blush slightly, he almost stuttered, and answered around it and quickly changed the subject.
I never tried to bring it up again.

I remember the students being completely perplexed by his wardrobe decision and talked about it often.
at one point I heard another kid bring this up in class, but again, he just skirted around any answer and moved on.

I always just assumed that it was because it turned him on in the same way it did for me.
I think that is reason alone to embrace our love for jackets we love to wear. That direct answer of “I like it” may have been all that was needed. I plan to use that if ever asked about my current rain jacket.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I wouldn't say a definite rainwear enthusiast, but about 25 years ago I used to work nights in a bakery and I used to give an older woman a lift to and from work. Early one morning when it was bucketting with rain she said " ooh I really like being out in the rain. I like to put my old mac on and take the dog for a walk". This was said on more than one occasion but I ignored the remark. This woman had a reputation as being a bit loose in her younger days and I think she was trying to give me a come on but there were other factors involved, and I did not want to get involved with her. I now rather sadly regret this.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Have a friends wife who if i am wearing a cagoule can’t take her eyes of it and will always hug hello or good buy a little longer than normal when i dont. She will touch my arm lots too, which she doesn’t normally do if i am not wearing a cagoule when we meet. Never seen her in one but think she might have a thing for cagoules :)
Lets get swishy!
MrCagoule

Post by MrCagoule »

annabell-cagoule wrote: March 15th, 2023, 9:43 pm Have a friends wife who if i am wearing a cagoule can’t take her eyes of it and will always hug hello or good buy a little longer than normal when i dont. She will touch my arm lots too, which she doesn’t normally do if i am not wearing a cagoule when we meet. Never seen her in one but think she might have a thing for cagoules :)
Do you ever imagine discovering this one day?
YKK

Post by YKK »

Like wearing a different Nylon Cagoule to work every day.
To the point where people start to loose count.
reversiblepete

Post by reversiblepete »

About 3 years ago I was out in the work van, the weather was a glorious clear day, no wind just a cool temp.
I saw a couple out on a walk wearing full length vintage pvc macs.

I've seen women make a raincoat fashion choice in non rainy weather, but to see a couple both on a sunny day and both vintage. That was a choice because they were in to it.

I wanted to say hello but my colleague had already spotted them and made a disparaging comment so me as not a people person didn't want to out myself by suddenly being talkativewith strangers. I'm not hard to spot myself, I'm normally in a lot of variety of rainwear.
We've been posting with the awesome fetish community on Instagram, check us out.
https://www.instagram.com/togetherinplastic/