Were you ever forced to wear rainwear against your will?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
annabell-cagoule

Re: Were you ever forced to wear rainwear against your will?

Post by annabell-cagoule »

yes a couple of times.

I was playing with our next door neighbours which involved walking down our lane and around into the next and finally their drive way which would take about 5 minutes. One autumn evening we were about to head home when our friends mum stopped us leaving as it was torrential rain and insisted we borrowed their peter storm cagoules and trousers to walk up the lane in so our mum wouldn’t complain to her we had gotten home wet through. I didn’t want to wear one, partly as it wasn’t our own and partly as I wasn’t sure i wanted to be ‘togged up’ as she put it in our friends rainwear out of embarrassment. But forced we were and i ended up in a yellow zip up peter storm cagoule and my brother in a green one. We walked up the lane sploshing through the rain and when i got home i was surprised i was dry even if the cagoule was a bit clingy. We took them off and left them hanging in the porch to dry. The next day we went to return them and i put it on again as i had quite liked the feel of the coating on the inside. I walked back in the yellow one and took it off as i rounded the corner and rang the doorbell when i got to their house. Lucky for me the weren’t in so i wore them back home again and got them for a couple extra days before being asked if we had finished with them. Have had a thing for peter storm cagoules from that day.

A few years later we went on a PGL holiday with school and were ‘forced’ by a particularly insistent leader that we HAD to wear our Piggles every time we did an activity, despite it not raining and the weather being warm, they were the pvc type like the helly hanson moss jackets but over the head, in orange and stank!! A mix of BO, river water from kayaking, a dead fish like smell, basically they were rank and were horrendous and probably never ever been washed. The insides were grey with dirt. Several of us refused as they were so bad but the PGL leader tries to make us, i think he was definitely a perv who got a lock out of seeing kids suffer wearing the jackets!! Those of us who refused were made to stand in a lime while he shouted at us until a teach came and asked why? When we told him the teacher agreed with us and told us not to wear them but if raining to wear our own. I had a nice orange man alive cagoule, others peter storms etc which we all quite liked wearing as it was kinda fashionable in the outdoors. The rest of the holiday was great, we wore our own cagoules loads and the PGL leader seemed to disappear. I have often thought of that holiday and the more I think about it the more i think that leader got some kick out of humiliating kids using those minging jackets.
Lets get swishy!
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

Most of the comments here, are basically lies.
It's my will to wear rainwear, and I will, believe me ! :lol:
Fanta

Post by Fanta »

annabell-cagoule wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:37 pm A few years later we went on a PGL holiday with school
I remember my sister went to PGL when we were in primary school and she learnt some fun song's about a Jeep.
annabell-cagoule wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:37 pm we HAD to wear our Piggles every time we did an activity
What's piggles?
Peterkinann

Post by Peterkinann »

It’s funny hearing about PGL I was sent there in primary school and loved it we was made to wear them and I remember the smell as a kid I always wanted to wear mine and i remember them saying we was not to wear them anywhere else but on camp and I remember asking if I could wear mine when we when out into town and them saying no we was poor and it was the first time I had ever worn a thick pvc raincoat and wished I had taken mine when it was time to leave I think that was in part what got me into rainwear
staggy

Post by staggy »

What website did you find it on? That’s my favourite raincoat and always look for them
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Fanta wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:55 pm
annabell-cagoule wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:37 pm A few years later we went on a PGL holiday with school
I remember my sister went to PGL when we were in primary school and she learnt some fun song's about a Jeep.
annabell-cagoule wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:37 pm we HAD to wear our Piggles every time we did an activity
What's piggles?
Piggles was the name PGL had for their pvc cagoules
Lets get swishy!
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

I recall one occasion. I was about 13 and a class-mate's mum had invited some of his friends from school to what was described as a "luncheon party". The others were dressed in their "Sunday best", short-trousered grey suits, long grey socks and black polished lace-up shoes, and as it was raining hard, all arrived in their smart regulation school navy blue Gabardine raincoats. All except me that is. Unlike the others I possessed no "Sunday best" clothes only my well-worn school blazer and shabby school short trousers (worn commando as my mum didn't see the need for underpants). I must also wear my plastic pacamac to arrive at my friend's house as my mother said my regulation navy blue gabardine raincoat was strictly for wearing to and from school.When i protested I would be the only boy arriving in a plastic pacamac I was given a trousers-down bare bottom spanking over her lap for insolence then forcibly buttoned into my pacamac by her. Normally I loved wearing my plastic pacamac but on this occasion I felt cheap and shabby.
Rives

Post by Rives »

plasticpacamac wrote: June 28th, 2023, 11:13 pm I recall one occasion. I was about 13 and a class-mate's mum had invited some of his friends from school to what was described as a "luncheon party". The others were dressed in their "Sunday best", short-trousered grey suits, long grey socks and black polished lace-up shoes, and as it was raining hard, all arrived in their smart regulation school navy blue Gabardine raincoats. All except me that is. Unlike the others I possessed no "Sunday best" clothes only my well-worn school blazer and shabby school short trousers (worn commando as my mum didn't see the need for underpants). I must also wear my plastic pacamac to arrive at my friend's house as my mother said my regulation navy blue gabardine raincoat was strictly for wearing to and from school.When i protested I would be the only boy arriving in a plastic pacamac I was given a trousers-down bare bottom spanking over her lap for insolence then forcibly buttoned into my pacamac by her. Normally I loved wearing my plastic pacamac but on this occasion I felt cheap and shabby.
This resonates with my own history of being made to wear a nylon pakamac as a child and teenager ..... the resistance, the smacked bottoms, the buttoning up..... all VERY familiar
raincoatgirl23

Post by raincoatgirl23 »

up
Fanta

Post by Fanta »

raincoatgirl23 wrote: August 30th, 2023, 7:19 pmup
Down?