C & A Raincoats

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
Taurus

Re: C & A Raincoats

Post by Taurus »

When I was a toddler I also had an orange PVC raincoat from C&A. It all started for me with this raincoat, 40 years ago ;)

But I have even more memories of the C&A. I remember in the early 90's seeing a young woman trying on a black shiny vinyl mac. I loved seeing that and I fantasized about trying on such a jacket myself. When I was a teenager I even dreamed of it, waking up with sticky underpants :D Fortunately now I have my own vinyl macs and this fantasy has become reality, but it was a wonderful time to see rails full of vinyl macs at stores like C&A.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

I'm off to buy some just love these macs awesome mmm
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Lovely pvc mac's.
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

There use to be a C & A in Canterbury, Kent, I use to when in Canterbury , love going into the shop , go upstairs to see , feel / touch and smell the lovely aroma of the of the rack of sexy plastic mac's.
Rubaray51

Post by Rubaray51 »

Yes did the same whenever possible,in different stires
Have a passion for shiny Rainwear which started in the 1960's with shiny plastic MOD style Rainwear and oilskin bike capes, like the one our French teaching assistant wore cycling to our school
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

We didn’t have a C&A where I lived but I loved going into Millets. All those years ago they sold a lot more PVC or plastic rainwear than nowadays (although the majority was nylon) as there were no technical fabrics back then. I bought a plastic rainsuit from there which was too small for me but I was so desperate to own it I made up a story that it was for my girlfriend.

Cherie x
PVC Raincoat

Post by PVC Raincoat »

thanks for the share Gary