Not macs, but the 1960s shiny diamond quilted hooded anoraks

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Raincoated

Re: Not macs, but the 1960s shiny diamond quilted hooded anoraks

Post by Raincoated »

Sitting here, waiting for the sunday roast, browsing through RC stuff, when I came across this! Sensational! My little blue qui!ted hooded anorak I am sure is to blame for my lifetime of hooded goodies! Its as far back as I can remember the first time discovering punishment being good/bad/good! Getting a nice feeling even at a young age, being made to put your hood up, and leave it up, a common nag from my mother. The feel of the lovely soft nylon and the slight rustle was something special. I loved my anorak!!!!!!
furryhood

Post by furryhood »

How strange. I, too, remember these. At the time, wasn't a great fan, blue with a red lining, with drawstrings that were always getting knotted up, but can understand the hoody nice sensation. I remember that too. I had my first one for years, at eight or nine my Dad got me another in brown, with an elasticated hood surround. Loved that one more, much softer and felt wonderful to wear. Well, a couple of years ago, the wife surprised me and bought me a 'RAW' quilted anorak in dark blue, quite shiny and very similar to that brown one. A most acceptable gift, and worn regularly, almost at her insistance. She tells me she likes the look, and it feels nice! Has she finally got herself a fetish I ask myself!
Last edited by furryhood on August 31st, 2021, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warmac

Post by warmac »

I well remember being told, "put your hood up", and how much I enjoyed the feeling - especially when I got a fur hooded snorkel parka. Sorry for the slight digression.
Raincoated

Post by Raincoated »

The expression 'put that hood up, now', really does it for me. To be 'made' to wear a shiny mac and then to be 'made' to put your hood up, little things, as they say!
Raincoated

Post by Raincoated »

furryhood wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:58 am How strange. I, too, remember these. At the time, wasn't a great fan, blue with a red lining, with drawstrings that were always getting knotted up, but can understand the hoody nice sensation. I remember that too. I had my first one for years, at eight or my Dad got me another in brown, with an elasticated hood surround. Loved that one more, much softer and felt wonderful to wear. Well, a couple of years ago, the wife surprised me and bought me a 'RAW' quilted anorak in dark blue, quite shiny and very similar to that brown one. A most a ceptible gift, and worn regularly, almost at her insistance. She tells me she likes the look, and it feels nice! Has she finally got herself a fetish I ask myself!
A wife with a fetish. That has got to be a rare one! You have definitely got to milk that! Please report back!
Kaggyfan

Post by Kaggyfan »

Re Jellyman

That all sounds very confusing. Im confused as to what you actually like and dislike! You like nylon but not quilted lining or not quilted coats? At a young age I was not given a choice. I didn't know the difference aged 5 or 6!
The memories of those lovely anoraks still thrill me. The fact I have recently found very similar shiny hooded quilted anoraks, perhaps polyester not nylon, but in the same colour and texture, and I would say, even more wonderful to wear. We are lucky today that certain manufacturers still realise there in a big market out there for nostalgic rainwear.
Plastics macs are ok but I struggle to see what satisfaction you get from a non bio degradable material that makes you sweat a lot and has the fashion appeal of a bin liner.
I have a feeling that comment may stir up a hornets nest!!!!!
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Cagoule wrote: August 14th, 2021, 1:48 pm As you might know, cagoules are my thing but it stated with nylon anoraks in the 1960's. I guess I must have been around seven years old and remember an absolute fascination with my green quilted nylon hooded anorak. I remember the feeling of the anorak (the fabric) and the noise it made. It was different to my previous one (and many of the time) in that the nylon was more crispy/swishy. It made a wonderful noise that I absolutely loved as well as the feel of the fabric. Bizarrely however, I also recall some kind of weird love/hate feeling to wearing it sometimes, maybe because of my special feelings towards it, but actually I really loved it.

I would sneak that green quilted anorak up to my bedroom rather than storing it in the cupboard under the stairs where the family coats were usually hung. I would hang it in the wardrobe in my bedroom. I loved to touch it and when I thought I could get away with it, pull it on and pull the hood up. Occasionally after bedtime and presumably when I was supposed to be asleep, I would pull it into my bed, remove my pyjama top and put it on against my skin. At that age I doubt that I masturbated, but I certainly got huge pleasure (sexual?) from what I was doing. I really liked to pull up the elasticated hood of the anorak to feel covered and enclosed by the soft swishy nylon. I’m sure that I was very careful not to fall asleep for fear of getting caught and at some point (probably after just a few minutes), I would take the anorak off and hang it back in the wardrobe.
Lovely I used to do the same. Even better when my parents went out and I was home alone. I used to take my sister's cagoule and put it on backwards hood up and a quick play before they came back home .
Mackymick

Post by Mackymick »

I came across a similar discussion (handmedowns I think) and was surprised at the number of replies and confessions towards those quilted hooded anoraks. Me too! Im pretty damn sure thats where it all started. My mother making me wear my hood up when it looked like raining. Hated it! Or did I. Zipping it up, pulling all the draw cords tight and double knotting! Hated it! No I didnt! And the feel of that soft smooth shiny quilted surface. Loved it! Yes I did. I was quite upset when I grew out of it. It obviously showed because my Dad took me to the Army and Navy store and allowed me to pick another. I remember the vast selection of anoraks, parkas and kagouls. I tried on loads but eventually walked out with the same diamond quilted, but in a shinier dark blue with it seemed a much deeper hood, lined with the same quilted nylon. I absolutely loved this coat and wore it everywhere. Hooded whenever I thought I could get away with it. Fifty odd years on, I still love them, and have found similar which were fashionable a year or two ago. I still wear them. I probably look stupid, but in my sixties I really am passed caring what other people think!!!