Why do I keep getting the urge to touch my raincoat everytime I walk past it?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Taurus

Re: Why do I keep getting the urge to touch my raincoat everytime I walk past it?

Post by Taurus »

shinyphile wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 5:23 pmIt’s also best to touch one’s own pvc and polyurethane and refrain from others.
This is also my primary rule. You stay away from other people's stuff, unless someone offers it for sale ;)
Ilovecagoules

Re: Why do I keep getting the urge to touch my raincoat everytime I walk past it?

Post by Ilovecagoules »

Or unless they're not actually wearing it and it's hung up on a rail or over a chair.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I have 3 cagoules hanging by the door, can’t resist touching them at any opportunity to walk past
Lets get swishy!
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

Like your style Annabell. I have a Primark one by door and my wife has one from Yours. I regularly find myself stroking them or rubbing the material between my thumb and index finger.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Currently there is a pink and blue zip up peter storm, a fluro pink with the shiniest, slightly rubbery coating one from runners point and a fluro yellow kag in a bag again with slightly thicker than all the other kag in a bag cagoules i own fabric with a slightly different coating inside. In the car, just in case, is a red, blue, white peter storm, and over the head orange peter storm and a red trekmates poncho.
Lets get swishy!
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

Mmmm great stuff. Love the sound of your collection.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I have on occasion "looked after" someone's mackintosh for them. I recall once attending a conference on mentally disordered offenders at which many of the leading lights of the UK forensic psychiatry universe were present. I had already come across one of the distinguished males in a traditional beige rubber-lined cotton mackintosh on other occasions. This time he was accompanied by his partner, a woman similarly celebrated in that profession. She wore, and then hung over the back of her chair, a lovely shiny black polyurethane mac as we listened to a run of speakers. When it was her turn to speak she left it, neatly folded, on her chair. As the conference went on she and her partner had to move off into a succession of "break-out" rooms to lead discussions. I took the opportunity to "look after" her mac and carried it around for the rest of the day. When the time came for me to return it at the end of the day, she gave me the sweetest smile (and I'd like to think a knowing one, given her profession) and thanked me for doing so.
MacRobin

Post by MacRobin »

Hi Rubbersox1999, it’s only a fetish if the raincoat has been substituted for the person who used to wear it and has now now completely replaced that person. Otherwise, it is what I would call perfectly normal behaviour. 😁🤪