south beds / north herts

If you are interested to meet your fellow forum members this is where to set up a meeting.
N2Bparka

south beds / north herts

Post by N2Bparka »

anyone interested in meeting for walk or fun. not into mud though. don't mind walking in rain (if we ever have real rain again). heavy yellow dungarees and jacket on top lighter gear.
staggy

Re: south beds / north herts

Post by staggy »

I’m north Herts and would love to meet up
N2Bparka

Post by N2Bparka »

Managed a 2 hour walk in todays rain.

Heavy yellow pvc jacket over heavy pvc yellow dungarees was the rain wear bit; under then orange ex USAF flight suit not plastic though; and walking boots.

The jacket is a Helly Hansen ‘mandal’ nice and roomy, although it has poppers not zip; the hood fits well with its draw cords. The dungarees are similar material but from Norway off Amazon (no longer available after went to get another colour).

The flightsuit is just another interest layer. Flight suit all zipped up, and yellow gear closed up and hood up.

BBC weather called it heavy rain, it was just steady rain not heavy. But heavy enough for continuous rain popping on the pvc. 10 minutes walk along a busy main road, getting traffic spray, then onto a path part open part under trees, about half and half of each. It just kept raining in the open gusty wind. Under trees heavy drops from leaves.

Path used a lot by cyclists and dog walkers – not today, just one cyclist. But passed another walker – a lady in a transparent rain poncho over what looked like a rainsuit. Unusual to see other walkers. Maybe someone from in here ???

On the way back rain got heavier and wind from behind but remained dry inside the pvc although it was a bit sweaty.

Long time since able to do this :)

msg me if anyone wants to chat ;)
N2Bparka

Post by N2Bparka »

Still looking
staggy

Post by staggy »

I’m still available in north Herts