The price of plastic Mac's!!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Pakamacman

The price of plastic Mac's!!

Post by Pakamacman »

Ther :roll: e have been a number of grey plastic Mac's for sale on eBay ..not " genuine Pakamacs"but the sort that used to sold in Woolworths..." Made in Britain" brand ...all very nice BUT...selling at £156.00 !!! Who pays that ??
Surely they aren't that rare?? And,besides,it stops us genuine Pakamac lovers getting our eager hands on a another mackintosh to add to our collections !
rainwear-experience

Re: The price of plastic Mac's!!

Post by rainwear-experience »

These posts always make me laugh

"Who pays that ??" - People who are willing to, it's their choice

"And,besides,it stops us genuine Pakamac lovers getting our eager hands on a another mackintosh to add to our collections" - No it doesn't, you had the same chance to bid as everyone else, you seem to assume just because of the price they paid they aren't 'genuine pakamac lovers' not sure how you'd know
rubberrukka

Post by rubberrukka »

I can't remember what I paid but it was over £150 so I may be £156. As I told the seller Pakamacs of that vintage are like hens teeth. How could any body get their hands on that many macs of that vintage? Anyway the item arrived and was not as described. I think it was Eva material not pvc or vinyl. The seller said they were acquired from THE factory in the 1980's. The item was returned and a full refund given.
So if anybody has a genuine pakamac from the 50's 60's or 70's. smooth on both sides with metal press studs please get it touch.
I have been looking for this type for over 30 years and although I have many transparent pvc macs including several pakamacs this particular spec has yet to be found.
PVC Raincoat

Post by PVC Raincoat »

rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

What about it?

Isn't it nice, looks good to me apart from the fault

Too expensive, then don't bid on it

Too cheap, bag a bargain