Ilse Jacobsen

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
WealdenMac

Ilse Jacobsen

Post by WealdenMac »

Prompted by Google I've just looked through the the current Ilse Jacobsen collection. There are still some attractive macs in "plasticky"/shiny fabrics but only in women's styles. Such a shame that the company stopped doing men's/unisex styles a long time ago. But I guess the conventional wisdom remains that "real men" don't wear plastic/PU rainwear.
rubgum

Re: Ilse Jacobsen

Post by rubgum »

WealdenMac wrote: August 7th, 2022, 9:35 am Prompted by Google I've just looked through the the current Ilse Jacobsen collection. There are still some attractive macs in "plasticky"/shiny fabrics but only in women's styles. Such a shame that the company stopped doing men's/unisex styles a long time ago. But I guess the conventional wisdom remains that "real men" don't wear plastic/PU rainwear.
That proofs that wisdom rules. 8-)
Tiefdruckgebiet

Post by Tiefdruckgebiet »

There is a promo vid from 2015 or 2016 showing a man and a woman wearing the same coats (in 2-color editions). Sad that they don't serve men's needs. Esp. the long laced wellies are stunning and a top alternative to Hunter boots.
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I'd need to look more like him and less like me to carry this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0D1xIItgBg
shinyorthight

Post by shinyorthight »

The 2-color coat is again available. https://www.ilsejacobsen.com/products/1 ... oat-660121

I own the 2016 model (dark indigo/milk). Following points are for the 2016 model and must not be applied to the current model, as it seems there have been made some changes
+ It's very comfy and has a big hood.
+ cotton lining
+ ventilation

- Seams at the pockets, the bottom and the arms are not waterproof.
- cotton lining as the water gets throug the seams and starts to spread on the cotton layer.
- ventilation welding was rather weak and it ripped. I had to fix it with some glue (satturate the cotton with glue, wait until it is dry, then glue the welding point)

From the larger pictures, it looks as if the pockets are now welded
I don't know if the seams are tapped.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

One thing I find particularily cool is the one-piece rainsuit:

https://walkthestorm.co.uk/shop/brand/i ... jump-suit/
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

On that is wonderful!
Lets get swishy!