Childhood 'handmedown' shiny hooded mack memories! (Non expl.)

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Highshine5

Re: Childhood 'handmedown' shiny hooded mack memories! (Non expl.)

Post by Highshine5 »

Like so many on here, my attraction to shiny rainwear began at an early age. My very first girlfriend at age five or six came home for tea from school. Elsie. She had big blue eyes and a matching plastic raincoat! I distinctly remember asking my mum if I could have one. I ended up getting one of those, previously mentioned on here, diamond quilted hooded anoraks. I was quite happy with that. To my mothers great annoyance, I always wanted the hood up. (Still do today!) My family, not being that well off, often gratefully accepted handmedowns from older cousins, friends and neighbours. I remember having an almost endless supply of those anoraks, right up to late teens. so common in the sixties and seventies. By then I definately had a shiny nylon, pvc, plastic, hoodie fetish. Funny how such things can totally influence the rest of your life. Definately no regrets though.
Mackymick

Post by Mackymick »

Its definately an age related thing. Especially the 'hood' theme. Up until the early 60's hoods for boys, especially, were hardly ever seen, certainly not in this country. Then the anoraks started to appear, the diamond quilted ones were extremely popular and remained so for years. From then on, hoods were regularly seen on many coats, from the 70's hippy afghans, anoraks, cagoules, maximac in pvc and more. Currently the lovely high shine puffers have been around for ages. The hooded style are unisex these days. I particularly like the ones with fur trimmed hoods and have a couple myself which are worn regularly to any occasion. Even down to the Local, whats more the comments, if any, are always positive. Which gives me even more confidence to secretly show off my shiny hooded fetish. Dont hide them. Wear them!!!
evad

Post by evad »

When I was 6 or so, I split the arm off of my much loved blue rubber raincoat (with the metal clasps- anyone remember those?) Even the matching sou'wester hat was getting too small... About the same time, my older sister had a pink and purple unsupported raincoat, that I used to sneak on every once in a while. My sister grew out of it the following year...wish my mom would have passed it on to me!
Mackymick

Post by Mackymick »

The weather now is perfect to go out and enjoy your shiny macks, cagoules, parkas and puffas. Put those big shiny hoods up and enjoy them. Think positive. That coat, mack, or anorak was made for a reason (unless you made it yourself!), to keep you dry and warm, and in some of our cases, horny! But joe public hasn't a scooby doo, regarding that!!!! Currently life is full of negativity, depression and misery. Secretly go out there, stick two fingers up, and enjoy.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Got my wifes long transparent pvc blue mac on underneath my nylon leggings and cagoule. Just popping out with the dog as it's nice wet and windy.
And good excuse to dress up in rainwear .
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

That was a nice walk and very wet and windy out there .now to take it all off and hang it up in bathroom to drip dry. Just looking at my wet cagoule and leggings and lovely pvc mac .I may have to put it back on after I get out the shower. It looks so inviting when nice and very wet.
😜😜
Raincoated

Post by Raincoated »

I was at my sisters boxing day and she came out with a bundle of old photo albums from our childhood. Amazing. Black and white pictures of her in her nylon fur hood anorak, and several pages later, me, looking sheepish in the same! These pics long forgotten, but I now remember them being taken. A later album showing me in a blue over the head cagoul and her in a long floor length, maroon shiny vinyl maxi coat. It must have been late sixties, early seventies. By the age of eighteen-nineteen, I had moved out, gone to uni, but there was one final christmas pic showing macs, of me, and I do remember buying this, from C&A, a shiny black wetlook hooded anorak. I vaguely remember seeing it in the ladies department. They were silver or black with big attached hoods. By now I was very aware of my interest in anything shiny, and the large size fitted my skinny frame perfectly! Along with almost waist length hair, huge flared jeans and rubbish moustache, I looked a right state!! Oh what happy carefree days!
PetreVanClause

Post by PetreVanClause »

What a good subject matter. Most interesting to here other growing up situation. Mine was much the same. Very young. Made to wear my sisters anorak. I hated it but something said no it is nice. That was the start.