Secondhand items

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
lharris72

Re: Secondhand items

Post by lharris72 »

It's especially worth visiting the independent charity shops as I found out. I spoke this student behind the counter and asked her if they ever get nylon cagoules or raincoats. She had literally just thrown away a long black nylon raincoat and anorak. She told me that any clothes that don't sell within 12 weeks go in the bin. They don't even sell them on to rag merchants. She retrieved them for me and gave me them for free. They were the old police uniform items from the 80's. The following week, she brought in three really old over the head cagoules for me that she had found at home. There was another charity shop that I just happened to walk past the back of and I could see the sleeve of an Adidas cagoule hanging out of the bin. I spoke to an old dear inside who after some persuasion got it for me. I was over the moon as it was the same style that I had in the '80's. She told me that stuff like old cagoules and nylon rainwear was never popular and didn't even make it to the shelves. It was simply thrown away. She allowed me to rummage the bins when she was duty and I would always make some cash donation. I got some great stuff. Loads of C&A, Dannimac and Pacamac type nylon raincoats, loads of cagoules and other stuff. Might be worth asking you know.
raincoatboy

Re: Secondhand items

Post by raincoatboy »

All the time. Very rarely do I score though.