Burberry Revisited

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
joe

Re: Burberry Revisited

Post by joe »

Rives:

There are a number of instances where I will choose to wear a ladies raincoat because of the increased coverage, rain resistance or waterproofness, the frequent inclusion of a caped back and/or a hood in the style, and most especially the longer length and coverage. Often the overall look comes off as more unisex than you might think and conveniently the women’s plus sizes fit me well. L.L. Bean offers a wonderful example of this in their women’s long raincoat with or without the zip-in winter lining. They have been basically making this raincoat for almost 30 years. The styling has gone through about five revisions over that time. I have only found one of those revisions in that timespan that did not work well for me. I do recommend L.L. Bean’s coat wholeheartedly.

Joe
mactim

Re: Burberry Revisited

Post by mactim »

Good to hear that I’m not only one to like Burberry Mackintosh’s, I’ve collected circa 15 over the years and they never disappoint, they’re like old friends!
The quality of the gaberdine fabric is not as good as it was when I started collecting them now 20 years ago, but they’re still great mackintosh’s when worn properly which in my case is fully buttoned up and tightly belted. I think we’re not the only people out there who like Burberry’s!