Jane's Journey (revised) Part 5

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
RainwearWife

Jane's Journey (revised) Part 5

Post by RainwearWife »

My apologies to those who've been following this for the delay: life's been ridiculously busy, plus I've had a bout of illness to contend with!

Chapter 5

For the second morning running, I awoke encased in plastic clothing and drenched in sweat – more so that the previous day, in fact, due to having slept in not only the mac but the plastic boots and nylon tights too.

Getting up off the bed, I freed myself from my unorthodox nightwear, noticing as I did so that my pillowcase was stained with make-up. The tights were badly torn, with a gaping hole where the crotch had once been.

“How on Earth did that happen?” I said to myself with a low laugh. I knew full well I had ripped the tights in my throes of passion as the vibrator had taken me to a new plateau of ecstasy.

Now naked, I headed for the bathroom where a glance in the mirror presented me with a less-than-appealing sight. My hair was all over the place and the what was left of the heavy make-up was smudged into a confusion of colour.

“You’re a disgrace!” I said to myself in a mock-serious tone as I stepped into the shower. The truth was I hadn’t felt so good in longer than I could remember.

On getting out of the shower and drying I spent some time at the mirror with make-up remover ensuring that all traces of my previous night’s rather slutty look had been cleaned away. I hurriedly piled the mac and boots onto the unmade bed, discarded the ruined tights in the kitchen bin and got dressed for work.

When I arrived at Lane Mouldings, I walked into my office to be greeted by the figure of Mr Lane himself – or rather, the back of him, as he was staring out of the window, evidently awaiting my arrival.

“Ah, Miss Preston… there you are,” he said blandly as he turned around.

“Good morning, Mr Lane,” I returned.

“I was wondering…” he began, before faltering for a moment. Looking out of the window again, he went on, “I was wondering whether… no, it’ll keep, I suppose.”

“What is it, Mr Lane?” I asked, puzzled by his odd attitude. “Is something the matter?”

Turning to me and looking as though he had made a decision, he spoke abruptly: “I was wondering if you could spare me a little of your time after work on Friday.”

“I see no reason why not,” I said cheerfully. “May I ask what for?”

“Well, you see, I’ve had some new stuff put on my computer and I was hoping you might take me through the basics of how to use it. I wouldn’t want more than half an hour or so.”

“Well, I could do that this morning, Mr Lane, or maybe –”

“I think Friday after work would be best, Miss Preston,” he cut in, using a tone that did not invite further discussion.

“Very well, Mr Lane,” I replied, “Friday it is, then.”

The day proved to be a busy one and by the time I set off for home, I had forgotten the conversation entirely.

On arriving back at the house, I discovered a note left for me by Mrs. Greyson informing me that she’d gone to see her friend again as she wasn’t too well.

Well, well… another night with the place to myself! I mused, a wicked smirk forming on my face. However will I pass the time?

By eight o’clock that evening, I was dressed and made-up exactly the same way as the night before. The light was fading rapidly outside and although it wasn’t dark enough to venture outside yet, I couldn’t wait to experience the sensation of walking around again in ‘retro’ style rainwear, so I decided to parade around the house in my plastic finery, this time determined to enjoy the creaking sound it made to the full.

Once on the ground floor, I walked up and down the long passage a few times, fondling and caressing my plastic-encased body as I went and stopping occasionally to feel my nylon-clad legs, even allowing my hands to venture between my legs once or twice, feeling extremely wanton for doing so.

Eventually, I decided it was dark enough to risk opening the back door; my plan was to stand in the doorway and enjoy a cigarette if it seemed to me that it wasn’t quite safe enough yet to venture outside.

I was just about to slide the bolt back when I heard a sound that caused me to freeze in terror – it was the unmistakable sound of a key being inserted into the front door at the other end of the passage.

Looking round in utter horror, I saw the figure of my landlady briefly silhouetted by the light from the street before she closed the door and darkness returned. Normally she would probably have gone into her flat assuming that I was upstairs and that would have been an end to it: once she was in her rooms, I would have crept quietly back to mine and thanked my stars for a narrow escape, but it wasn’t to be – in my panicked state, my hand slipped from the bolt and it settled back into its sleeve with a loud metallic ‘clunk’ that echoed up the dark passageway.

“Who’s there?” Mrs Greyson called. “Jane, is that you?”

I couldn’t possibly allow her to think she had an intruder, so I had to answer. “Y-yes, it is,” I called back feebly.

“Why, whatever are you doing down there in the dark, my dear?” she asked, starting towards me. “Are you alright?”

“I’m f-fine, Mrs G,” I spluttered, practically panic-stricken. “Please don’t come out here.”

“Jane, dear, what on Earth’s the matter? You sound worried. Wait there a moment…” With that, she switched on the light.

I must have looked like the proverbial rabbit caught in headlights – Mrs Greyson took another few steps along the passage before she actually saw me, whereupon we both stared in bewilderment at one another.

After what seemed like an eternity, she broke the silence. “My goodness,” she said gently. “Why are you dressed like that?”

I couldn’t reply – it was as if I had lost the ability to speak. I simply stood staring back at her, with the increasing feeling that I was going to burst into tears.
She must have sensed this because she walked right up to me and took both my hands in hers. “There, there,” she said soothingly. “I appear to have come back at a bad time, don’t I? I was going to stay at Joan’s, but her daughter’s there and she’s going to – well, that doesn’t matter now. You come along with me, we’ll have a nice chat over a pot of tea.”

I couldn’t really take in what she was saying. My landlady had returned unexpectedly to discover me wandering around her house in shiny black plastic clothing and now she was suggesting tea and conversation, as though seeing me like this was the most natural thing in the world.
Taking me by the hand, she led me along the passageway to the door of her flat, took the key from her coat pocket, opened the door and led me in.

“You sit down, my dear, and I’ll make some – no, tell you what, we’ll have a nice glass of sherry together. You look like you could do with a drink.”

Feeling as though it was all some bizarre dream, I sat in the chair she indicated and took the glass she offered me.

“So, you like dressing up then, do you?” she asked with a warm smile as she poured the ruby-coloured drink. “Well, don’t be embarrassed, my dear; there’s no harm in that.”

“T-thank you,” I managed.

“As a matter of fact,” she went on, “you don’t look altogether different from how I might have done thirty or so years back. I didn’t know they still sold stuff like you’re wearing, you know – is this what’s been arriving recently, then?”

“Yes, it is… I’m sorry for any embarrassment I’ve caused you this evening, Mrs Greyson, I really didn’t mean…”

“Oh, don’t you be so silly,” she said firmly. “I’m not in the least bit embarrassed – why would I be? Healthy young thing like you ought to be having a bit of fun in her life. It’s not like you’re the only person in the world with interests that are considered outlandish, my dear. You take the Frimleys next door…” she referred to the people who had taken delivery of my packages, “charming couple, as you might have noticed.”

“Yes, what of them?” I asked, happy to have the conversation steered away from my own predicament for a moment.

“Doggers, the pair of them!” she said with a grin. “Been at it for years. Been very happy in their marriage for years, too.”

“Doggers?” I asked naively and Mrs Greyson explained the term to me.

“I must say, Mrs Greyson, you seem remarkably modern in your attitude to these things,” I told her.

“Oh, stop being so formal, Jane – what happened to calling me Mrs G? Actually, I’m Eleanor, but I think it’s high time you started calling me Ellie, just as all my friends do.”

“Thank you, Eleanor… er, Ellie,” I replied. “I’m very grateful to you for being so understanding about all this, too.”

“Nonsense, my dear – I was young too once, you know. I wasn’t always a lonely old bat cooped up in her house most of the day. My Arthur and I often liked to…” she sighed as her voice tailed off. “Well, that was before he went off with that trollop from the Red Lion. Anyway, let’s just say you don’t get to my time of life without experiencing a thing or two – and if you do, you’ve wasted the best years of your life!”

“Well, I can’t argue with that,” I said with a nervous laugh.

Eleanor looked at me for a moment or two until an idea seemed to strike her. “I know – how about we go for a little walk?”

“A walk?” I echoed. “You mean dressed like this?”

“Why not?” she smiled. “Isn’t that what you were going to when I came home?”

“Um… sort of,” I admitted, then went on to tell her about my intention of spending some time in her garden, enjoying my outlandish clothing.

“So you’ve been outside, then,” she stated.

I nodded my affirmation.

“Then why not go a little further?”

The idea was certainly tempting – more than that, it was positively thrilling, but I was far from certain that I was ready for such an adventure: I wasn’t at all sure that I ever would be. “But… but what if someone were to see me like this?” I quailed.

Eleanor dismissed my concern with a wave of her hand. “Such as whom?” she asked. “I’m not suggestion we go into the town centre, we’ll go out the back way and along down the lane; that’ll lead us to the canal and there’ll be nobody down that way – all the youngsters will be drinking and making a racket over in Western Park. Besides… wait there, I’ve something to show you,” she stated and left the room.

When she returned, she was wearing a long, dark blue mackintosh with a hood which hung down the back. She had also put on a pair of black rubber wellington boots.

“Well, what do you think? Had this hanging up for years – you can’t rob me of my chance to go out in it!” she said with laughter in her voice.

“It’s lovely,” I said. “May I feel it?”

“Why of course, my dear – you go ahead!”

Reaching out, I gingerly stroked the sleeve of her coat – it felt like it was made from a similar material to mine, but somewhat thicker and heavier.

“I’m glad you like it,” she said. “So, shall we ‘take the evening air’?”

“Yes,” I replied in a whisper.

Less than a minute later, before I had time to back out, we were at the gate which lead out of the rear garden of her property onto a lane lit at either end by a street lamp. Her long mack made a rather pleasing ‘swishing’ sound as she walked, while again I had the unshakeable feeling that the creaking of my coat and boots could be heard for miles.

“Oh, my, isn’t this exciting?” Eleanor whispered as we crept along the lane. “Reminds me of being back at school and getting up to mischief,” she added with a chuckle.

On reaching the end of the lane, we turned left and after a few yards found ourselves on the bank of the long-disused canal.

“We can sit on the wall here for a moment or two, my dear,” Eleanor suggested. “Do you know, I haven’t enjoyed a walk as much as this for a long, long time.”

“I’m going to have a cigarette to settle my nerves,” I said. “Would you like one?”

“Oh, my, that’s perfect… now we really are naughty girls!” she giggled as she took the cigarette I offered her. As we sat and smoked, she took my free hand in hers, and told me how much she liked what I was wearing, how much it reminded her of the fashionable clothes of her younger days and how she wished she’d discovered the delights of rainwear before now.

“I’ve worn a few things in my time,” she said with a wink, “but this is a new joy. Jane, my dear, we simply must do this one night when it’s raining!”

“I’d like that,” I replied, thinking back to the previous night and how I’d wanted to experience the sound and sensation of raindrops hitting my plastic clothing.

Our cigarettes finished, we agreed it was time to make our way back to the house. Giggling like the naughty schoolgirls of Eleanor’s description, we arrived indoors and made our way back to her flat.

“Oh, Eleanor… that was incredible,” I said once inside, my heart beating rapidly with excitement. “I’d never have had the courage to –”

That was as far as I got.

Eleanor Greyson placed her hand gently but firmly at the back of my head, then, before I knew what was happening, pulled my face to hers and kissed me passionately.
niton

Re: Jane's Journey (revised) Part 5

Post by niton »

Not what I was expecting at all but thank you for the next part. Well written as always and very enjoyable. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. I was hoping the important looking woman who appeared at the office at the start (which triggered all of this) would make a re-appearance at some stage?
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

Excellent RW. Well written, and a theme that we all embrace, no matter which garments and fabrics turn us on. With me, it's rubber lined mackintoshes, plus the addition of gloves and boots, also in rubber. I am looking forward to part 6. Again, well, and tastefully done.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Well written. You can always tell when someone has taken the time and effort to do a proper job. Thanks you so much.

JM
pintrest830

Post by pintrest830 »

I’ve been waiting for this to come back hope your back to feeling better !
pintrest830

Post by pintrest830 »

I can’t wait too read about her being out in a good rainstorm
yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl »

nice job on this chapter and can’t wait for the next one
RainwearWife

Post by RainwearWife »

Thanks you all for the kind words, about both my story and my health (which is much improved now, thankfully!). Part 6 is underway, but I still have lots going on in life and I don't know when it'll be ready. Please bear with me!

Jane xx
mason

Post by mason »

Excellent writing! I'm really enjoying this story. Very well told and interesting.
RainwearWife

Post by RainwearWife »

Thank you, mason. It's hugely encouraging to know that people are enjoying this!