The Good life. Felicity Kendals shiny anorak!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Raincoated

The Good life. Felicity Kendals shiny anorak!

Post by Raincoated »

JM has just jogged my memory when he mentioned The Good life 1970s programme. She used to appear from time to time in a gorgeous shiny quilted hooded anorak. I fell in love with her, there and then!
JellyMan

Re: The Good life. Felicity Kendals shiny anorak!

Post by JellyMan »

I think everyone was in love with Felicity Kendall in the 1970’s. I remember that coat, but did nothing for me, generally I am not keen on quilted fabrics; I think it is because the stitching gets in the way of the otherwise smooth fabric ripe for feeling. The 1970s and 80s were a good time for rainwear on TV, but of course, no way to record for future viewing, so if something came on, you had to enjoy the moment as you knew once it was over it was over. VHS in the 80’s was a God send, but came with its own problems. Sneaking down in the middle of the night to review recorded programmes in the hope of not being discovered. Being excited at realising Top of the Pops was recording, but then finding out the playback quality ruined the view of Hot Gossip dancing in PVC raincoats.

JM
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

There was always Rita's macks on Coronation Street.
Shinypvc100

Post by Shinypvc100 »

Anyone remember the episode in Doctor Who where the doctors assistant was wearing a purple pvc rainwear.?
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Shinypvc100 wrote: May 29th, 2022, 4:48 am Anyone remember the episode in Doctor Who where the doctors assistant was wearing a purple pvc rainwear.?
One clip from Doctor Who that I have seen on YT, the assistant was wearing a yellow PVC anorack and matching overtrousers.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Sarah Jane Smith was the assistant and I had a crush on her. To me she was beautiful and so sophisticated (I was very young), even when not dressed in rainwear. She spent nearly a whole episode dressed in that yellow rain suit. Then she did a follow up series called the Sarah Jane Adventures in which she sometimes wore a see through purple plastic mac. She also wore what looked like that same mac here…

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Sarah_Ja ... veDocs.jpg

In which she was much younger so it made me wonder if it was not a prop but her own mack.

In one of the earliest Doctor Who programmes there was an assistant that wore a short leather skirt.

JM
Shinypvc100

Post by Shinypvc100 »

Jelly man that’s the one you even found a photo, Sarah Jane , sadly I don’t think with use anymore 😭😭
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

rubbermackintosh wrote: May 28th, 2022, 10:09 pm There was always Rita's macks on Coronation Street.
And here she is.... :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CgYxXb5tDw
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Margo in a full yellow Peter storm cagoule and matching waterproof trousers had me loving the good life even more!!!
Lets get swishy!