1985 British sitcom 'Full House'. Suzi Jerome wearing a long shiny black PVC mac.

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
raincoatgirl23

Re: 1985 British sitcom 'Full House'. Suzi Jerome wearing a long shiny black PVC mac.

Post by raincoatgirl23 »

rothbhoy wrote: May 26th, 2022, 10:17 am 1985 British sitcom 'Full House' - episode: 'Home Is Where The Art Is'. Suzi Jerome wearing a long shiny black PVC mac. She is playing the part of 'Jenny' from the local modelling agency. Timings for the mac scenes: (1) 12'-12" to 12'-46", (2) 14'-40" to 16'-47", (3) 19'-58" to 20'-27". Enjoy! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yy1txGhtPg
PS - Does anyone actually remember this series? I certainly don't but then again I spent most of 1985 in Sweden.
thanks you rothboy ;) ;) ;) ;)
raincoatgirl23

Re: 1985 British sitcom 'Full House'. Suzi Jerome wearing a long shiny black PVC mac.

Post by raincoatgirl23 »

rothbhoy wrote: May 26th, 2022, 10:17 am 1985 British sitcom 'Full House' - episode: 'Home Is Where The Art Is'. Suzi Jerome wearing a long shiny black PVC mac. She is playing the part of 'Jenny' from the local modelling agency. Timings for the mac scenes: (1) 12'-12" to 12'-46", (2) 14'-40" to 16'-47", (3) 19'-58" to 20'-27". Enjoy! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yy1txGhtPg
PS - Does anyone actually remember this series? I certainly don't but then again I spent most of 1985 in Sweden.
thanks you rothboy ;) ;) ;) ;)
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

rothbhoy wrote: May 26th, 2022, 5:22 pm
bossali wrote: May 26th, 2022, 11:47 am Great find, don't remember the series, but remember that style of mac, made from PU my girlfriend had one !
Cheers Ali! Yes, I remember that style of mac too. I'm pretty sure you could buy them at C&A stores in the mid-eighties.
C&A oh how wonderful they were from the 60’s to the late 80’s I think when they closed as a steady source of fashionable plastic macs. I returned to the UK in 1978 to find that translucent hooded macs were everywhere, both jelly jackets and full length cats. I have a Sunday Times Colour Supplement which reviewed fashion highlights over a number of years,and, it showed a lovely woman in a stunning translucent Mac as the sensation for that year. In 1985, my wife and I were shopping in the Southampton C&A where she saw a big rack of wonderful pastel coloured macs, and ( I have to admit with some encouragement from me) she bought a green one, which incidentally had a wonderful effect on our nights. I can’t remember ever seeing black macs, and I admit to visiting their rainwear racks as frequently as I could.

I’m away from home at the mo, but I will scan and post the Times article when I am next back.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Priscilla wrote: May 27th, 2022, 9:49 pm
rothbhoy wrote: May 26th, 2022, 5:22 pm
bossali wrote: May 26th, 2022, 11:47 am Great find, don't remember the series, but remember that style of mac, made from PU my girlfriend had one !
Cheers Ali! Yes, I remember that style of mac too. I'm pretty sure you could buy them at C&A stores in the mid-eighties.
C&A oh how wonderful they were from the 60’s to the late 80’s I think when they closed as a steady source of fashionable plastic macs. I returned to the UK in 1978 to find that translucent hooded macs were everywhere, both jelly jackets and full length cats. I have a Sunday Times Colour Supplement which reviewed fashion highlights over a number of years,and, it showed a lovely woman in a stunning translucent Mac as the sensation for that year. In 1985, my wife and I were shopping in the Southampton C&A where she saw a big rack of wonderful pastel coloured macs, and ( I have to admit with some encouragement from me) she bought a green one, which incidentally had a wonderful effect on our nights. I can’t remember ever seeing black macs, and I admit to visiting their rainwear racks as frequently as I could.

I’m away from home at the mo, but I will scan and post the Times article when I am next back.
Cheers Priscilla! Yeah, I think a lot of us have great memories of seeing the racks full of plastic and PVC macs at C&A - it was such a wonderful time! Interesting to read about the article in the Sunday Times - will look forward to seeing your scanned image when you put it up on the Forum. :D
niton

Post by niton »

Thank you so much for this clip which I had never seen. This brings back personal memories as I met Suzi back in the early eighties. She was part of a company who toured in a production of Oh Calcutta! (NZ and UK) My school friend was part of that company and I therefore spent time with him and her on tour. Bob Grant (from On the Buses) was also part of that company. She was very OTT and flirtatious. Incredible figure and constantly turned heads in bars and restaurants. Very loud and 'touchy feely.' Almost as if she was still acting in real life. Never saw her dressed like that though! Having got a part in a Bond film, and with those looks, she ought to have gone on to have had a long career. Sadly she committed suicide in 1986. Shocked at the time to hear the news. As it turned out Bob Grant also committed suicide as a result of severe depression in 2003. This was a real blast from the past and makes you realise how fragile life can be. Thank you rothbhoy for reigniting the memories.
bossali

Post by bossali »

Yes think you are right, C&A sold the lovely see through plastic macs, those shiny black were PU and sold through Wrygges and Goldbergs,
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

niton wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:57 pm Thank you so much for this clip which I had never seen. This brings back personal memories as I met Suzi back in the early eighties. She was part of a company who toured in a production of Oh Calcutta! (NZ and UK) My school friend was part of that company and I therefore spent time with him and her on tour. Bob Grant (from On the Buses) was also part of that company. She was very OTT and flirtatious. Incredible figure and constantly turned heads in bars and restaurants. Very loud and 'touchy feely.' Almost as if she was still acting in real life. Never saw her dressed like that though! Having got a part in a Bond film, and with those looks, she ought to have gone on to have had a long career. Sadly she committed suicide in 1986. Shocked at the time to hear the news. As it turned out Bob Grant also committed suicide as a result of severe depression in 2003. This was a real blast from the past and makes you realise how fragile life can be. Thank you rothbhoy for reigniting the memories.
You are very welcome Niton. It's so very very sad to read what you say about Suzi commiting suicide in 1986. This must have been just a short while after she appeared in the 'Full House' episode too - just very very sad to read about....
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

It is tragic to know that this woman committed suicide. It only goes to show that people can have a lot going for them in life, in her case a career, good looks, but feel that they cannot carry on.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

bossali wrote: May 31st, 2022, 5:37 pm Yes think you are right, C&A sold the lovely see through plastic macs, those shiny black were PU and sold through Wrygges and Goldbergs,
I lived in Norwich at the time and Norwich had no Wrygges or Goldbergs. I thought I had seen them for sale at C&A but I've now ruled that out. Now I'm left wondering where I saw them for sale in Norwich. Mm.....
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Rainworshipper wrote: June 1st, 2022, 6:02 am It is tragic to know that this woman committed suicide. It only goes to show that people can have a lot going for them in life, in her case a career, good looks, but feel that they cannot carry on.
Yes indeed Rainworshipper, so very very sad to read about this....