A rainy day in a northern English town - spot the macs!

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rothbhoy

A rainy day in a northern English town - spot the macs!

Post by rothbhoy »

A rainy day in a northern English town - spot the macs! Nice archive clip (early 60s) of a rainy day up north - and some nice macs to spot: 1. Lady in a white PVC mac, 2 Lady in a white semi-transparent plastic mac, 3. Lady in a light blue semi-transparent plastic mac, 4. Lady in a red semi-transparent plastic mac, 5. Lady in a yellow semi-transparent plastic mac. Enjoy! :) The town, by the way, is Stockton-on-Tees, but you all knew that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOs_d0Or0S0
junerose

Re: A rainy day in a northern English town - spot the macs!

Post by junerose »

Hi, Lovely old film of Stockton high street, i remember having to go on a many a wet market day shopping with my mother. But can`t remember much about the rainwear being worn as i was to young to have an interest in it. Wish i had noticed more now as i`m sure it would have included some lovely pvc and rubbe. So the only thing i can do now is wear it myself, (HEAVEN).
Love June.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Cheers June - glad you enjoyed the clip.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

junerose wrote: May 9th, 2022, 1:26 pm Hi, Lovely old film of Stockton high street, i remember having to go on a many a wet market day shopping with my mother. But can`t remember much about the rainwear being worn as i was to young to have an interest in it. Wish i had noticed more now as i`m sure it would have included some lovely pvc and rubbe. So the only thing i can do now is wear it myself, (HEAVEN).
Love June.
I see you were "having to go" into Stockton June. Presumably then you were not from the town and had to travel in there from somewhere else (Middlesbrough perhaps?). Lovely story though! I have similar ones of days in Rotherham visiting one of my Aunties with my mother and sister!