Rubber-lined mackintoshes

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
blackmacjay

Rubber-lined mackintoshes

Post by blackmacjay »

I know I like my wife to wear a rubber-lined mackintosh but her friends don't see it the same. So is it my fetish or don't women see the same attraction?
JellyMan

Re: Rubber-lined mackintoshes

Post by JellyMan »

Women certainly don’t see the attraction generally, but there are always a small minority who will. I once spotted a clear plastic Mac in a department store and suggested it would be nice for my wife, she said it was a prostitutes outfit. We didn’t buy it!

I did once read an article that suggested that women are less keen on rubber as it has negative medical connotations compared to PVC or plastic, but I think good quality latex, especially as a lining, rather than the outer, is more acceptable.

Also, you don’t say how your wife feels about it, just her friends, unless you think they are an excuse for her own thoughts on the matter.

JM
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

She says it keeps her dry and maybe that's OK but no fetish for her it seems.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

blackmacjay wrote: January 8th, 2022, 3:59 pm She says it keeps her dry and maybe that's OK but no fetish for her it seems.
Then we seem to be in the same situation. Tolerates but does not share the fetish.

JM
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

No one can learn to be a mackintosh fetishist. You are born with it.
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

I have a traditional rubber lined riding mack which I often wear with my Aquo boots when I go into town even in dry weather provided that it is not too warm. Women seem to take no notice of me but invariably blokes will give me more than a passing glance and some try to chat me up if they are on their own or with another bloke. I reckon that I could pull dressed like that if I wanted to.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

Not sure what her friends have to do with this, as I suppose she is an adult and decides herself how to dress.

In my opinion women do see the attraction of a stylish Mackinotsh raincoat, but it simply has to fit her body and style. There are images enough online of women who dress in a mac and look absolutely stunning (something that will be verified by both men and women), but not every lady can pull that off, wants to pull that off, or is willing to spend 600 quid on a coat to pull it off. Just like some women wear high heels, while others prefer flats. Most likely they both see the attractiveness of the high heels, but not everyone wants to endure the discomfort of actually wearing them.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

mackintoshed wrote: January 8th, 2022, 11:03 pm No one can learn to be a mackintosh fetishist. You are born with it.
On the whole this is true, but I can think of one exception to this. Janet(Janet and Nick) who used to post on here only developed a fetish for rainwear after someone suggested to her she would look good in a shiny raincoat. She was already posting pictures of herself online and her fetish developed from there.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

mackintoshed wrote: January 8th, 2022, 11:03 pm No one can learn to be a mackintosh fetishist. You are born with it.
Ivan Pavlov disagrees. Most fetishes are "taught". Ever wondered why its mostly Brits that like Mackinotsh raincoats? It has nothing to do with genetics, and all with them growing up around those specific coats.
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

Of course it has nothing to do with genetics. Perhaps you are being overly literal. It is exposure to these garments at an early age and ones condition at the time, that has caused the fetish. I have no idea what the trigger was for me, only that I have been drawn to women in mackintoshes, and latterly men, from an early age. It is not something I chose, nor was I introduced to it, like some women have. But I can assure you that this is a male specific fetish.