Things that annoy

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
JellyMan

Things that annoy

Post by JellyMan »

Thinking about some topics raised elsewhere on this forum, and just for the sake of a good rant, plus other stuff unrelated, these are the things that get on my wick:

“Get Go” - when did “from the word go” morph into this monstrosity?
“Laters” - I’m pretty sure, when referring to the future, it is only necessary to do it in the singular.
Woke - not the word but the action. Anyone who tries to preach anything to me as being the only way deserves a woke in the eye!
Bad writing due to laziness, and the idea that you can write a vignette of a sentence and somehow people are supposed to know WTF you are on about, like “bad vibes today”.
WTF and other uses of acronyms due to laziness (see what I did there).
History deniers - our past happened, nothing anyone says will change it just because someone feels uncomfortable about it. History is there to learn from, not for your convenience.
Anti-vaxers - I actually read an article from a student who said we should respect her wish not to be vaccinated so that she doesn’t get any side effects in the future when we do.
Proud mask deniers - not the people with genuine reasons, but those that like putting others at risk to make some lame point. Masks are uncomfortable, we all hate them, live with it!
All social media - I don’t count this forum as we are all a bunch of well adjusted, normal and lovely people. If you like a Mac you must be nice!
Homophobia and any form of intolerance towards others.
People who refuse to wear rainwear ever.
Modern Jazz - don’t ask!
Companies that try to pass off weird, unrelated, materials as PVC or latex.
EVA an PEVA - I might be wrong here, but everything I have come across in these materials feels more like paper than plastic.

Rant over (because I need the loo and not because I have run out of topics)

JM
Smooth and shiny

Re: Things that annoy

Post by Smooth and shiny »

What annoys me is people who constantly whinge( I have the odd gripe now and then so do not think that I am having a go at you, JellyMan ). Another pet hate is people who become religious cranks. I do not mind people who have a quiet devotion to their religion.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

JellyMan wrote: December 29th, 2021, 7:51 am Homophobia and any form of intolerance towards others.
Its funny how you are against any form of intolerance towards others, while posting a whole list of ways you are intolerant towards others because they have a different opinion. :D
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

BobbyValore wrote: January 4th, 2022, 3:20 am
JellyMan wrote: December 29th, 2021, 7:51 am Homophobia and any form of intolerance towards others.
Its funny how you are against any form of intolerance towards others, while posting a whole list of ways you are intolerant towards others because they have a different opinion. :D
lol, that's how it works these days, you are allowed to be annoyed at other people's intolerances but mine are fine :)

I hope this doesn't make me 'woke' or a 'snowflake' and people dont try to 'cancel' me :lol: :lol: :lol:
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

As the Cybermen say "Delete Delete!!"
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

spitfire617 wrote: January 4th, 2022, 12:03 pm As the Cybermen say "Delete Delete!!"
Now that IS annoying, anyway I thought you'd been cancelled :)
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: January 4th, 2022, 12:51 pm
spitfire617 wrote: January 4th, 2022, 12:03 pm As the Cybermen say "Delete Delete!!"
Now that IS annoying, anyway I thought you'd been cancelled :)
No Exterminated!
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

BobbyValore wrote: January 4th, 2022, 3:20 am
I am tolerant, but that doesn’t mean I agree with everything. If someone does something I think is stupid then it is stupid as far as I am concerned. If you agree with everything people say that diminishes the meaning of those things that you truly believe in, rather than just to avoid offending.

JM