Pacamacs

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
maidjenny

Re: Pacamacs

Post by maidjenny »

You have got me thinking of my past. I worked in woolies as a saturday boy in the mid 60s and at the time we wore rustly nylon overalls. I would often when taking stock down to the store in the lift pacamacs in hand i would play with myself, and still do lol. I also went to blackpool where they had macs hanging outside shops blowing in the wind. My girlfriend of the time would go into shop to buy a mac and come out with 2 which she made me wear and mine were not always gents how embarresing but exciting. With all this wet weather its good to be out walking round ilkley and leeds again.
mactosh

Post by mactosh »

You souldn't fear wearing what you term 'ladies' macs. They are just clothes.
I wear ladies rainwear all the time, mostly nylon raincoats and jackets, all with hoods. I evan have several red ones in colour. I just love the feel and swish as I walk, I wear them when its not raining too. The best times are when I wear one of my Rainmac capes.

John
mactim

Post by mactim »

It’s a shame that your mum didn’t let you wear your school gaberdine raincoat as my mother used to make me wear mine all the time, not just in term time but also at weekends and in the school holidays. I got used to wearing it and I began to like it and there’s no doubt that it started my interest in mackintosh’s and rainwear in general. She was also very strict as to how it should be worn, tightly belted and often with the top button done up which I would try and resist. On very wet days she make me wear a very long pacamac, again fully buttoned up which I didn\t mind as it kept my gaberdine raincoat dry…happy days!
Rives

Post by Rives »

mactim wrote: November 17th, 2021, 3:42 pm It’s a shame that your mum didn’t let you wear your school gaberdine raincoat as my mother used to make me wear mine all the time, not just in term time but also at weekends and in the school holidays. I got used to wearing it and I began to like it and there’s no doubt that it started my interest in mackintosh’s and rainwear in general. She was also very strict as to how it should be worn, tightly belted and often with the top button done up which I would try and resist. On very wet days she make me wear a very long pacamac, again fully buttoned up which I didn\t mind as it kept my gaberdine raincoat dry…happy days!
Pretty much the same with me. In the early 80s, when my friends were dressed in colourful anoraks and jackets, this wasn't a great experience for me. And always buttoned to the neck here, too