Wanting to sell my collection

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
staggy

Wanting to sell my collection

Post by staggy »

Hi guys, I really need to think about selling a large part of my collection but have no idea how to go about it. There’s over 1000 raincoats in my collection and I don’t have time to list them all on eBay or take individual photos etc. all are in generally excellent condition but I also don’t want to have to inspect every single one for any imperfections. I’m not a very good sales man!!! Any ideas gratefully received
EQ1

Re: Wanting to sell my collection

Post by EQ1 »

Hi.

What brands, types, material are those coats? Some details will help. Even some kind of simple list of items for sale is helpful. :)
staggy

Post by staggy »

Literally every type of rainwear! From cagoules and Peter storm, regatta through to rubberised hunters, vintage rukkas, pvc u like items, motorbike waterproofs, pretty much everything you could wish for lol
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Perhaps you could sell them as a complete collection, there would probably be someone on here who would buy them as a job lot( not me, I have enough rainwear already).
staggy

Post by staggy »

Well if I was to price it and full value it would be over £20k! But in reality would be looking at £8000, that’s an average of £8 each and some of them are worth over £200 each
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

Lets be frank: not many people are going to pay you 8000 pounds for an unseen collection of possibly valuable rainwear that can just as well be completely disintegrated, covered in old dried up juices, or in the wrong size. To get the most value out of this you will need to sell them item by item, with decent pictures and descriptions, etc.

Since you are not willing/capable/inclined to do that, why not find someone who is?

Say where you live, ask if someone lives nearby, and let them make the pictures and create the advertisements for part of the profits?
Let them come over, discuss the plan, take a picture of their ID card, put some writing on paper in simple words, give them 4 raincoats to start with, let him sell them, get your portion of the money, give the next set of 8 raincoats. Let him create an ebay account so you can monitor the bids also and make sure you get your split.

Continue doing this till everything is sold. Make a lot of profit. Live happily ever after.
staggy

Post by staggy »

If your offering……….
kinkydenn

Post by kinkydenn »

Where are you?
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

staggy wrote: November 9th, 2021, 2:37 pm If your offering……….
Since you are talking about UK pounds I doubt you are close to where I am.
But there will probably be a handful of other British members on this forum who might be interested.
Rubberboy87

Post by Rubberboy87 »

Taking pictures might take a bit too long, so consider recording a video where you go through the collection. Then people can ask about the items they find interesting.