Steve and his wife

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
blackmacjay

Steve and his wife

Post by blackmacjay »

Somebody mentioned that a man called Steve and his wife were missing from these pages. I may have an answer but I don't remember the wife's name.

Can someone help me please?
Rainworshipper

Re: Steve and his wife

Post by Rainworshipper »

Roughly how long ago was this mentioned? I don't recall a Steve and his wife on here, and I do tend to remember regular posters on here.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Several years ago.And, I think the name of the man was Steve. But, I could be wrong.
cmp

Post by cmp »

The only couple that was mentioned they were missing from these pages recently were Nick & Janet.
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

And Nick and Janet were doing a sponsored walk in the summer. Nick hadn't been well, which alongside Covid is why I imagine they have not been on the scene recently.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

blackmacjay wrote: October 29th, 2021, 9:32 am Several years ago.And, I think the name of the man was Steve. But, I could be wrong.
I can second that, and believe he was also married.
kinkycumbria

Post by kinkycumbria »

pvc_pete wrote: October 29th, 2021, 7:14 pm And Nick and Janet were doing a sponsored walk in the summer. Nick hadn't been well, which alongside Covid is why I imagine they have not been on the scene recently.
Good to hear they are still ok great couple met them twice
Virginial

Post by Virginial »

Confusing messages about Steve and his Wife, and Janet & Nick.
I don't know the former but am friends of J & N, living fairly close by and enjoyed a few of their party evenings.
Someone asked after them on here way back, and I was able to report that I have also tried to contact them. I've text messaged Janet on two occasions since Lockdown but no reply. The last message from them on Chix was indeed about the Summer Stroll - again before Lockdown, and now they are no longer on Chix. I shop regularly in Ross on Wye and often pass their house (including this very morning). Janet's car is normally outside but I'm not inclined to knock the door until sure of the situation. I fear something is amiss!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I went past last week too, I don’t know her car and only onow which is their place as janet invited me to a party but i got shingles a week before and couldn’t go. I hope she and nick are ok. Maybe pop a card through the door sending love and saying of they want to get in touch or need anything then we would love to hear from them.

Where abouts are you virginial? I used to live in FoD but now Cotswolds x
Lets get swishy!
Smooth and shiny

Post by Smooth and shiny »

annabell-cagoule wrote: November 4th, 2021, 6:01 pm I went past last week too, I don’t know her car and only onow which is their place as janet invited me to a party but i got shingles a week before and couldn’t go. I hope she and nick are ok. Maybe pop a card through the door sending love and saying of they want to get in touch or need anything then we would love to hear from them.

If you are going to drop in a card perhaps you could say that they are missed on here, though as it seems that Nick is seriously ill then I suppose that has changed their priorities in life.