Are all fisherman secret rainwear lovers??

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Kaggyfan

Are all fisherman secret rainwear lovers??

Post by Kaggyfan »

It seems that way. I have been fishing for a long time. Never really catch anything, dont really like it, but it does allow me to indulge in my mackintosh pleasures in full sight of lots of others doing the same thing. Last weekend, a bit drizzly, the riverbank near here was crammed with an amazing array of anoraks, kagouls, shiny trenchcoats, barbours (yuck), pacamacs, and they were hooded, one guy definitely had two on. Not a tweed jacket to be seen. This is not the first time this subject has been broached, and quite recently. It could create an interesting Poll!
rainwear-experience

Re: Are all fisherman secret rainwear lovers??

Post by rainwear-experience »

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 3rd, 2021, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

No I don't think so.
Tools of the trade as are anything work related.
rainwear-experience

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 3rd, 2021, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Sounds like you when you are on a photo shoot! lol lol
rainwear-experience

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 3rd, 2021, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:34 am
spitfire617 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:13 am Sounds like you when you are on a photo shoot! lol lol
lol, you could be right but the shoots are usually to satify other peoples fetish :o
Yes indeed quite so.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

spitfire617 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:43 am
rainwear-experience wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:34 am
spitfire617 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:13 am Sounds like you when you are on a photo shoot! lol lol
lol, you could be right but the shoots are usually to satify other peoples fetish :o
Yes indeed quite so.
We are professionals!
Klepperman

Post by Klepperman »

I have to agree. My Dad took me fishing as a lad, I couldnt understand the attraction of catching slimy slippery fish, until it got cold and drizzly, then out of the boot of the car appeared his one peice, a bit shiny, nylon suit, and a big heavy oilskin type hooded parka. I was given a smaller version of it with a thick fur lining. Very nice and snug it was too. I remember sitting on that river bank, warm as toast, wrapped up in that big hooded coat, not in the slightest bit interested in that bobbing float. Thick socks and those soft green rubber boots finished off my garb. This definately had something to do with my now deep passion of kagouls, anoraks and fur trimmed hoods!
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

I guess a huge part of the attraction of fishing is that you escape your wife and just sit somewhere quietly in nature without her whining your ears off. If its raining you rather wear a raincoat than go back, with the added advantage of fewer people walking by bothering you with the question if they are biting today.

So I doubt they really secretly love rainwear; they probably just dislike their spouse and are not so secret about that (as long as she is not around).