technical rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
raincloud

technical rainwear

Post by raincloud »

hi,

any of you like a bit more...technical rainwear so to say?

I mean manufacturers like The North Face, etc...

g
pvcluver

Re: technical rainwear

Post by pvcluver »

I do have 'normal' rainwear as well (North Face as you have mentioned) for I'm out 'serious walking' in Wales etc - plastic just tends to be too sweaty!
reversiblepete

Post by reversiblepete »

I am a fan of heavy rainwear or industrial rainwear as I call it. My gf always wears her heavy guy Cotten jacket if the rain looks a bit to heavy for her regular day to day Friesennerz. I feel to self conscious to wear them out of the house myself.
I have a few guy Cotten jackets and one light weight elka.
I've always been interested in them and want more but find it hard to choose or invest in one as they are on the expensive side even second hand and without knowing what they feel like or how they are lined (prefer PVC on the inside too).

Grundens is the one I really want to invest in what with all the pics of latex kitty making them look beautiful and my gf is interested in the pink or red sets but again worried the investment won't pay off.
We've been posting with the awesome fetish community on Instagram, check us out.
https://www.instagram.com/togetherinplastic/
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

My attraction to rainwear stems from the days when everything was rubber or plastic. It was WATERPROOF!; no ifs ands or buts. Yes you would sweat in the garments, but they worked. When "technical" rainwear came out it amazed me that it would keep you dry "for a while". The breathability aspect is no good if the wet soaks through after a period of time.

So my opinion of technical stuff is that it's "water repellant", not truly waterproof. There is a lot of money spent on gore tex, for marginal reasons. Proofed nylon is probably about as effective. Why is the waterproof coating put on the inside? Never could quite figure that one out. As it is..if I really want to stay dry, I'll use a plastic or industrial pvc garment. They simply do the job! Just my opinion!
merv

Post by merv »

but the thing is if you are going to sweat inside the raingear then it becomes pointless. You may as well have a rainsoaked t shirt as a sweat soaked one
reversiblepete

Post by reversiblepete »

I got the wrong end of the stick, thought when you were talking about north face you meant the industrial stuff.
We've been posting with the awesome fetish community on Instagram, check us out.
https://www.instagram.com/togetherinplastic/
jmac

Post by jmac »

I must say I don't get a kick out of wearing it but I do love the image of a women in a normal tech raincoat with Wellies and tight trousers tucked into the boots . :P
Elerias

Post by Elerias »

I have technical rainwear as well ( a jacket) which I wear when it rains most of the time. It is very very waterproof and it breathes a lot more then the pvc coated rainwear I really like. I don't have a thing for technical rainwear. I'm too self - conscious to wear my fetish rainwear in everyday life outside. I do on holidays though.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Hi. I have gore tex gear as well for those days out walking etc when a cagoule or mac that is non breathable simply wont do. I actualy work with gore, eVENT, texapore etc fabrics in my day to day job, my current waterproof jacket for work and when i need something to work is a £390 hagalofs gore-tex proshell jacket, of course in fairly bright colours that could be male or female gender. This jacket 'works' and has kept me total dry inside and out for a whole day in consant rain. Ok so its not as nice to wear as say a peterstorm over the head cagoule for personal enjoyment reasons, but it is the very best for my work when outside. I can go into the technical way these technical fabrics work and why the waterproof membrane is sandwiched between the facefabric and the inner material, but i might send some of you off to sleep haha.'i find it facinating ( i have to its my job) butmothers eyes tend to glazemover then they have a habit of passing out through boredom! Haha
Lets get swishy!
Agu-Fan

Post by Agu-Fan »

I have technical rainwear I use for my hiking trips and for more active walks around the block.
They do their job very well, but the materials are often not as soft as PU, PVC and nylon.
But I do enjoy a women in well fitting outdoor gear as I do in normal rainwear!