Waterproofs4You

News about website updates or links to new content like groups or youtube.
Jacketbound

Waterproofs4You

Post by Jacketbound »

Hi all
Some time ago I asked for feedback on starting a new website aimed at those who love their waterproof clothing.
Well after battling with how to set it up, a new website has been launched.

It resembles Facebook and many of the features that it uses but hopefully also goes further to add groups, forums and lots more.

The website is in its early days and there are possibly many problems with the site, but I would love to have some feedback on the site and also any interest from others who may want to share the responsibility of being a site admin.

The website is free to join and I welcome to join the site and put it through its paces.

http://www.waterproofs4you.com
rainwearseeker

Re: Waterproofs4You

Post by rainwearseeker »

the website is back?
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

we are not selling gear - this is a brand new community website
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Jacketbound wrote: February 15th, 2021, 9:20 pm Hi all
Some time ago I asked for feedback on starting a new website aimed at those who love their waterproof clothing.

It resembles Facebook and many of the features that it uses but hopefully also goes further to add groups, forums and lots more.

The website is in its early days and there are possibly many problems with the site, but I would love to have some feedback on the site and also any interest from others who may want to share the responsibility of being a site admin.

The website is free to join and I welcome to join the site and put it through its paces.

Tried to sign up but I didn't get an email to confirm my email address so it looks like a no from me
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: February 16th, 2021, 11:11 am

Tried to sign up but I didn't get an email to confirm my email address so it looks like a no from me
As yet not had an email confirmation back.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

spitfire617 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 11:17 am
rainwear-experience wrote: February 16th, 2021, 11:11 am

As yet not had an email confirmation back.
Noty a great start then :(
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

Interesting to hear that people are having issues with confirmation emails. Is it possible the emails have gone into your junk or spam folders?

I just tried a new sign up and I had an email straight away to confirm things?

Also - have you tried logging in?

If you can report back what you find then I can look further into this but this is quite strange as its working for most people
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

It let me log in without the confirmation e mail!!
Still not had the e mail!
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

I have had same issue.
Wouldn't let me sign in without confirmation email - account no activated.
Pressed resend email - still no email.
Have checked Spam folder
Will give it 30 mins and try again

Update
Confirmation email received and signed in - thanks 👍
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

spitfire617 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 12:09 pm It let me log in without the confirmation e mail!!
Still not had the e mail!
I approved the request so you could do so