rubber boots

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
shinyphile

Re: rubber boots

Post by shinyphile »

For the pair of short Hunter boots I use, socks are essential. The way they fit, I need a heavier sock for them to fit correctly. The short Hunter boot opening is also so wide that tucking in long pants also helps the fit too along with keeping the pants dry at the bottom which is much needed for city walking in the rain.

Are the specifically men’s Hunter short boots intentionally sized with a wider opening? I can see why some of the women’s designs feature different shaft sizes as I would think wearing tights with Hunter boots may result in a more uncomfortably floppy experience if the selected boot is not the right shaft width. That is where in-store shopping would work better.

Now... if I had smaller size Nora Anton boots or perhaps the Crocs Allcast boot I would definitely try no socks, but the boot would have to fit me better or I run with a smaller size where I would never need it in snow with a heavier sock.
Saltmarsh_Drifter

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

Rubber boots are 100% rainwear. As much as I'd like to wear them barefoot, each time I've done so outside it in the past I've ended up with blisters and the skin scraped off my ankles. Barefoot wellies fun is purely an indoor activity for me.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Saltmarsh_Drifter wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 8:49 pm Rubber boots are 100% rainwear. As much as I'd like to wear them barefoot, each time I've done so outside it in the past I've ended up with blisters and the skin scraped off my ankles. Barefoot wellies fun is purely an indoor activity for me.
Yes bare foot in wellies for long distances is a no no for me to.
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

Have any of you tried latex socks? Or those latex socks sold for swimming with the grip dots on the sole? Or neoprene wetsuit fabric socks? I can gather the sweat issues with any of those three, but that might accomplish keeping the wellies more rubber aroma than sweat keeping the sweat in the sock. I have never tried any of those so wondering if any have.
Wellies247

Post by Wellies247 »

shinyphile wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 12:03 pm Have any of you tried latex socks? Or those latex socks sold for swimming with the grip dots on the sole? Or neoprene wetsuit fabric socks? I can gather the sweat issues with any of those three, but that might accomplish keeping the wellies more rubber aroma than sweat keeping the sweat in the sock. I have never tried any of those so wondering if any have.
I have some and they are amazing, I can flood my wellies in mud and water and they just slip straight off, always a good idea to pour talc inside them first as they will never come off, but , on reflection, that's not a bad thing
Get your boots on
Cristina

Post by Cristina »

I love rubber rain boots!
If you wear a raincoat when it rains, you will worry about your shoes.
I bought a rain boot to match my yellow raincoat
It feels like a modern girl when you wear it out
https://dingy.eu/
Those who like rain boots can check it out, but they mainly sell raincoats