Have you been abused or assaulted for your fashion choices?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Shinydreams

Have you been abused or assaulted for your fashion choices?

Post by Shinydreams »

I am curious of other peoples experiences when your fashion choices push boundaries? I have had mixed experiences....
paula_gee

Re: Have you been abused or assaulted for your fashion choices?

Post by paula_gee »

Yes it happens, but i have not experienced anything serious, abusive name calling.
I guess though if your 'fashion' pushes the boundaries, then maybe it is not a wise decision to be in public dressed as such
Hoodedandmasked

Post by Hoodedandmasked »

Only twice I think - on both occasions from a moving car:
Once (when I was buttoned to the neck in my Weather Vain single breasted SBR coat): jeering followed by "I like your plastic Mac" .
And once when hooded in shiny PVC "you look like a condom".
On both occasions I was quite thrilled and, in the second case I remember tightening my hood!
capefetish

Post by capefetish »

Abused, Once. Assaulted, never. Where I live in NZ is usually raining or bitterly cold, and I tend to dress for the weather accordingly. Unfortunately the people around this area are very conservative.

I went for a walk one night wearing a long PVC coat, leather leggings, knee high boots, and gloves and some knuckle dragger decides to comment while I had stopped walking to check my phone. I don't tend to respond.

The other times I've had mainly good remarks, and a good conversation. One of which was a woman who was absolutely in love with my cape and had to know where she could get one. She asked if she could try it on, so I let her try it on. When she saw my outfit underneath she was absolutely blown away. I was wearing Demonia boots, fishnet tights, and a long sleeve black PVC dress. I had my usual goth makeup on, and a black wig.
raincoathumper

Post by raincoathumper »

I have never been abused or assaulted, I have been called a freak but here in New Zealand alot of people are not very understanding about this kind of fetish, the nearest I came to being attacked verbally over my fetish was when I took my former wife to court over access to our son and she tried to use my rainwear fetish to discredit me but failed miserably.