"MACKINTOSH" - What's in a name?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rubberhill

Re: "MACKINTOSH" - What's in a name?

Post by rubberhill »

I was a child in the 1930's and there was load of mackintosh around at the time. I had a mackintosh coat, trousers and souwester. I hated the lot, but I also loved them and their smell. My last real mackintosh suit came from the far east and was a khaki jacket with hood and bib and brace trousers. I literally wore the suit out. Now I long for mackintosh clothing. I wish I could buy a complete boiler type suit. I would want to wear this night and day and
maybe under my ordinary clothing. Weathervain have mackintosh suits, but they have no smell at all.
rubberhill

Post by rubberhill »

I was a child in the 1930's and there was loads of mackintosh around at the time. I had a mackintosh coat, trousers and souwester. I hated the lot, but I also loved them and their smell. My last real mackintosh suit came from the far east and was a khaki jacket with hood and bib and brace trousers. I literally wore the suit out. Now I long for mackintosh clothing. I wish I could buy a complete boiler type suit. I would want to wear this night and day and
maybe under my ordinary clothing. Weathervain have mackintosh suits, but they have no smell at all.Would love to meet a real mackintosh enthusiast.
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

There was a girl in school in my year called Katherine Mackintosh, just hearing her name had me excited, and yes she did wear a nice raincoat - not a proper trenchcoat but a blue and white pvc raincoat.
The name always suggests to me a serious full length raincoat not a jacket or anything else.
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

Mackintosh for me. Surely 'mac' is a computer!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Cagoule is still my favourite:)
Lets get swishy!