Weathervain

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
blackmacjay

Weathervain

Post by blackmacjay »

And, while we are on the subject of Mackintosh stores, what has happened to Weathervain?

Try as I might, entering Weathervain as the search phrase or entering, http://www.weathervain.com as the address, returns nothing as a result.

Any ideas would be useful because entering "gekko" brings up the more expensive store which, of course, is allied with Weathervain but not quite what I was looking for.
merv

Re: Weathervain

Post by merv »

well when you click on the link you have entered there it goes to weathervain, is this some kind of trick question?
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

No it isn't a trick question. I did notice what you mentioned but try the same thing from a web browser and it doesn't seem to work for me, at least.
cmp

Post by cmp »

I typed in Weathervain in Google search & their new look site came up straight away.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

OK, I tried it and it worked.

So it's me!!!!!!!!!!
merv

Post by merv »

oh well, it looks an awfully overpriced shop, doubt they sell much at those prices and so old fashioned with all the mackintosh stuff but I suppose it may appeal to someone
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

It is expensive especially if you want SBR coats, but they last for ages and are well made. They do some pvc macs which are around the going price, although I think Pvc-u- like are probably more popular for that style.

I think the nicest raingear they have are their brightly coloured PU raincoats which are 3/4 length. I have one in Yellow which is still going well after 8 years or so.
MacExp

Post by MacExp »

Great improvement from the last website, easier to navigate as such. But they need better photos of their products; I can hardly tell the difference between the macs at such low resolution.

Some day i'll buy an SBR mac, some day...
delboy

Post by delboy »

Weathervain recently made me a trenchcoat in their heavier weight PU. It was very well made and was to my own specification. I did not consider that expensive when you consider it was individually made.

I recently wore it on a very wet day to a flower show where it was admired by a number of people and I was asked where I purchased it.

Delboy