Shiny down jacket

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
annabell-cagoule

Shiny down jacket

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I recently got given a stunning down jacket which has incredibly shiny wetlook outside fabric in bright green and dark blue. It looks very much like pvc but isn’t. Anyway walking into tesco today i was stopped by a lovely lady who said how much she loved it and where did i get it from?

She touched the fabric a few times as we talked and i told her where she could buy one. She said she loved the shiny fabric and loved the look of the jacket.

Nothing pervy, just a lovely chat and nice to be commented on and share a chat about the shiny fabric!

It’s very similar to this one, same brand but longer.

https://www.sport-bittl.com/en/icepeak- ... 80915.html
Last edited by annabell-cagoule on November 4th, 2021, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets get swishy!
furryhood

Re: Shiny down jacket

Post by furryhood »

Very interesting. I have always liked the puffa/puffer style jackets and coats. Especially those which are high gloss shiny with attached big fur trimmed hoods! Me and my mrs have several. I find them a very acceptable substitute for shiny pvc and vinyl. They are regularly seen everywhere, worn by all.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

A girl at work had a long black coat like that, but it actually much shinier (if that is possible). I did get to feel it, and it was wonderfully smooth. Sure it wasn’t PVC as yours, but still very nice. Almost exactly like this…

https://www.lilylulufashion.com/padded- ... oat-black/
annabell-cagoule

Think mine is a kind of nylon, and very very similar look to the lulu one you posted, it has a wonderful hood but not fur lined unfortunately. I love those big fur lined hoods, especially to snuggle into when it is cold outside. I spend alot of time in cold places in winter xc skiing etc so a good downfilled jacket with big furlined hood is a must.
Lets get swishy!
annabell-cagoule

This is a close up of the fabric. It’s called the snowpeak lamoni jacket if anyone is interested, mine is a sample of next years colours, my friend is a rep for them and gifted me the jacket as he knew i would love it.

https://www.skiwebshop.com/icepeak-lamo ... a30ice129c
Lets get swishy!
lharris72

Post by lharris72 »

Back in winter 2009, French Connection brought out a long shiny dark blue nylon down coat for men. It was styled like a parka with fur around the hood and a button over front flap. They also did a short version bomber jacket length. I bought both as I loved the shiny nylon fabric. Long down coats were only just becoming fashionable over here for women, as was shiny nylon. My wife said the long one looked more suitable for women, so I was a bit self conscious about wearing it. I wore the short one to death though. My wife ended up wearing the long one and it started off her love of long down coats. In fact she looked amazing in it. Eventually she replaced it and sadly it got thrown in the bin. I have looked everywhere for years trying to find another like it but I guess they just weren't that popular. Last week I had to dismantle and remove 2 wardrobes for a customer and build 2 new flat pack wardrobes up. As well as the old wardrobes, they asked me if I could take some rubbish away. I told them to throw stuff into the back of the van while I built the new wardrobes. When I had finished, I took payment and they told me there were some old cans of paint to be aware of in the back of the van and some old coats. The younger women told me there was an expensive man's Pyrenex coat on top of all the other coats. It belonged to her ex, so she was throwing it away. It cost a few hundred pounds, so take a look at it before throwing it away in case I like it. I knew Pyrenex were expensive as my wife had one a few years back. It was a lovely shiny black nylon thigh length down jacket in my size! There were a couple of other long down coats among the rubbish, including one of the long French Connection down coats I was after. It's in like new condition and even had a £20 note in the sleeve pocket. Xmas came early!
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

I have a few of the shiny PU down jackets (they are marketed as 'vinyl', when, in fact, they are PU). They are very a smooth to the touch and make a nice creak and rustle. The shiniest ones tend to be marketed towards women, but these are the ones that appeal to me the strongest as a straight man who happens to have a shiny PVC fetish. I wear these super-shiny puffer/down jackets, in black, in public and never attract any stares or funny remarks ("poofter", "fag", "nancy boy", "queer", "sissy", and the like); the reason being is that the shiny black ones are not particularly feminine in their appearance. However, you would not see me dead wearing, say, a shiny pink or red PVC/PU puffer/down jacket in public!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Puffer- ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
pvcbliss

Post by pvcbliss »

Yes. Im with you. I too, have several shiny (pu) hooded puffer coats and jackets. Not only are they very tactile, but also very warm and as you say, nobody takes any notice.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

pvcbliss wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 12:14 am Yes. Im with you. I too, have several shiny (pu) hooded puffer coats and jackets. Not only are they very tactile, but also very warm and as you say, nobody takes any notice.
Where do you find the hooded ones, if you don't mind me asking? All of mine are hoodless.
If anyone ever approaches me and asks where I bought them from, I'll reply with 'TopMan' :lol:

Yes, they are very tactile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__CGjKETAjs
pvcbliss

Post by pvcbliss »

Boohoo and Asos have always had shiny hooded puffers in the past. Over the years I have accumulated dozens of shiny hooded macks and puffas. Im in the process of having a clear out and will be putting them up on vinted or ebay. All are new or hardly worn. Let me know if you would be interested. Cheers.