Lockdown - what are you going to wear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Macexp2
Posts: 1
Joined: March 24th, 2020, 3:30 pm

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by Macexp2 »

We're truly going to miss the Spring Showers this year. Though my partner was dressed in latex when I finished my shift yesterday which was a lovely surprise.

I'm working in the NHS labs at the moment, very stressful time so it was very welcome!.

Saltmarsh_Drifter
Posts: 93
Joined: November 23rd, 2019, 7:21 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

Mudlover74 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm
Wellies and jods but if it rains I will 'exercise' in my local mud spot with my waders and wet gear
Photos required ;)

MissRachel
Posts: 505
Joined: June 1st, 2019, 12:39 pm

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by MissRachel »

Saltmarsh_Drifter wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 4:46 pm
Mudlover74 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm
Wellies and jods but if it rains I will 'exercise' in my local mud spot with my waders and wet gear
Photos required ;)
Agree: Photos required ;)

Mudlover74
Posts: 97
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 1:25 pm
Location: South Hampshire UK

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by Mudlover74 »

MissRachel wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 4:56 pm
Saltmarsh_Drifter wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 4:46 pm
Mudlover74 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm
Wellies and jods but if it rains I will 'exercise' in my local mud spot with my waders and wet gear
Photos required ;)
Agree: Photos required ;)
I will do some later....
Get your boots on.....!

Mudlover74
Posts: 97
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 1:25 pm
Location: South Hampshire UK

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by Mudlover74 »

https://i.imgur.com/RW1BHcm.jpg
Like this perhaps....
Get your boots on.....!

BobbyValore
Posts: 60
Joined: May 25th, 2019, 7:36 am

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by BobbyValore »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 10:25 am
Well, I am so spoiled for choice right now, my Farnerrain heavy duty bibs and jacket are here, I've had 2 boxes of goodies arrive from China with a 3rd due today, also due today are 2 Maxden rainsuits from South Africa, my Isotemp total enclosure heavy PVC hazmat suit is here and I've checked the tracking on the all rubber Aquala drysuit I won on ebay and it's arrived in the UK now. If I have to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks I don't see that being a problem, I've got more than enough to keep me occupied :)
Let us know how you like that all. A review (can be short) would be great.

Especially in case you like the Maxden rainwear: where did you order it, how did the shipping go and what did they charge, etc.

luvcapes&macks
Posts: 74
Joined: February 16th, 2019, 4:14 pm
Location: Brixham , Devon

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by luvcapes&macks »

MissRachel , Hi , you want to see my long shiny black latex mac ? if you have skype this could be easily arranged . reply by private message if you like

Kinky-In-Scotland
Posts: 358
Joined: July 3rd, 2015, 7:38 am
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

BobbyValore wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 5:02 am
Kinky-In-Scotland wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 10:25 am
Well, I am so spoiled for choice right now, my Farnerrain heavy duty bibs and jacket are here, I've had 2 boxes of goodies arrive from China with a 3rd due today, also due today are 2 Maxden rainsuits from South Africa, my Isotemp total enclosure heavy PVC hazmat suit is here and I've checked the tracking on the all rubber Aquala drysuit I won on ebay and it's arrived in the UK now. If I have to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks I don't see that being a problem, I've got more than enough to keep me occupied :)
Let us know how you like that all. A review (can be short) would be great.

Especially in case you like the Maxden rainwear: where did you order it, how did the shipping go and what did they charge, etc.
The Maxden rainsuits are great, I had one before and regretted selling it almost immediately. They were ordered from Pienaar Bros. in Cape Town, they don't have them listed on their website but I had heard they sold them so I emailed and right enough, they do sell them. The store is really easy to deal with, I was quoted ZAR1,318 (GBP£72) for 2 suits, one orange and one green, you'll need to pay by bank transfer and arrange your own courier to collect, I did this through Parcel Monkey and was GBP£46 to ship to the UK, plus another GBP£23 in import taxes, it's a lot to pay for 2 PVC rainsuits, but if you want Maxden, it's the only way I found to get them.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!

kinkydenn
Posts: 126
Joined: January 18th, 2010, 9:33 pm
Location: Wolverhampton
Contact:

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by kinkydenn »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 1:06 pm
BobbyValore wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 5:02 am
Kinky-In-Scotland wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 10:25 am
Well, I am so spoiled for choice right now, my Farnerrain heavy duty bibs and jacket are here, I've had 2 boxes of goodies arrive from China with a 3rd due today, also due today are 2 Maxden rainsuits from South Africa, my Isotemp total enclosure heavy PVC hazmat suit is here and I've checked the tracking on the all rubber Aquala drysuit I won on ebay and it's arrived in the UK now. If I have to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks I don't see that being a problem, I've got more than enough to keep me occupied :)
Let us know how you like that all. A review (can be short) would be great.

Especially in case you like the Maxden rainwear: where did you order it, how did the shipping go and what did they charge, etc.
The Maxden rainsuits are great, I had one before and regretted selling it almost immediately. They were ordered from Pienaar Bros. in Cape Town, they don't have them listed on their website but I had heard they sold them so I emailed and right enough, they do sell them. The store is really easy to deal with, I was quoted ZAR1,318 (GBP£72) for 2 suits, one orange and one green, you'll need to pay by bank transfer and arrange your own courier to collect, I did this through Parcel Monkey and was GBP£46 to ship to the UK, plus another GBP£23 in import taxes, it's a lot to pay for 2 PVC rainsuits, but if you want Maxden, it's the only way I found to get them.
I am glad you did sell it, I bought it!!

annabell-cagoule
Posts: 281
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Location: Cotswolds
Contact:

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Have fun Mudlover :) x
Lets get swishy!

Post Reply