PU Nylon, Plastic, latex, rubber and Flexothene

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Petastorm

PU Nylon, Plastic, latex, rubber and Flexothene

Post by Petastorm » May 15th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Being brought up on a farm in the early 70s and my dad and two uncles being being artificial inseminators as well as farming, I have lived my whole life dressed in all kinds of protective garments that I have loved from an early age. I would spend the holidays travelling from farm to farm with dad were he would dress up in his long green plastic apron with short sleeves and his wellingtons and shoulder length latex glove so he could push deep into the cows rectum to find her cervix so he can guide the pipette into the womb. Very often the farmer and his wife would be there watching too and always lots of nylon being worn to keep them clean. The farmer or his wife would usually hold the cows tail to the side and quite often the cow would move around a bit which caused the waterproofs to swish and crackle which I liked. On our farm we had a boot room that I used to love as all the gloves and aprons and waterproof trousers were kept in there. Nowadays it’s mostly flexothene waterproofs which are used but these are still very smooth to touch and make a good sound, best job in the world for an excuse to wear you waterproofs!