Rajkumar Boutique at Lakeland Elements

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rubbersocks1999

Re: Rajkumar Boutique at Lakeland Elements

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

I have got 1 of the macks but not from Lakeland Elements. The mack was not very well finished as I had to resew all the buttons back on. The belt buckle is just to small for the belt and this makes the belt fray and having been out in a windy downpour of rain the overlap of the mack is not enough to stop wind driven rain getting inside the front of the mack. The smell is not the same as engilh SBR but that does not bother me. It is a very noisy mack to wear, I love that. Overall I am glad I have it and I am now after one of thier slicker double sided macks.
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

THe price was about £150.00
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

I have bought a Rajkumar two piece rain suit in double surfaced Slickr material. It is very good. I also bought a mack from the USA listings on Ebay. I think this may have also come from Rajkumar, as it sported the same hood fastenings. I felt that the rubber on this mack was not as smooth as the LE rainsuit, so I sold it on. I too am considering a Yoghini mack from LE, but have to aquire the funds. None of this is cheap, so it is hard to get it right. I heard that there is a new double surfaced rubber about to make a debut, I think from the Weathervain stable, but don't know any more details. Perhaps there is some one out there that does???
cammacg
capelia mackintosh

Post by capelia mackintosh »

I bought a Maidan mackintosh coat earlier this year.It is a very well made garment and is waterproof: I've worn it several times in heavy rain and there are no signs of leakage.As pointed out by a previous poster,the rubber backing is a bit thin, such that it dosn't have that smooth rubber "maccy" feel.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

I bought one of their lightweight rubberized satin trenches in black for my wife this past Christmas. She loves the fit & the sheen of the satin, but we ran into the same problems others have with the workmanship as two of the buttons came loose & we had to re-sew them, and the belt is way too short for her waist; it seems the belt is maybe an inch or two longer than the waist size, whereas most other coats she owns give her an extra two feet in the belt.

She also unfortunately is not too wild about the rubber smell, especially after wearing it for a while & the scent starts mixing with her sweat. So I have since ordered another coat, in heavyweight double texture red satin, and specially requested a longer belt this time. Should still have that lovely sheen and wonderful schlocky sound as she puts it on & walks with it, but the odor should be muted for her.
rubberjj

Post by rubberjj »

I have the Rajkumar rainsuit, also a bedsheet. Rather poor quality manufacture. A fine rubber smell, but not like the red rubber of one's childhood.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hi,
I have just received, last week, my new 'Nostalgia' Raincoat from Lakeland Elements. I am thrillled with it, it is just great. I have bought about a dozen capes and raincoats from them over the past 15 years and I have always been very pleased. I am now contemplating a shiny red 'Sadhana' cape!!
Peter