Looking out for sightings

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Cherie

Looking out for sightings

Post by Cherie »

I have discovered that I get a bit of a thrill seeing unexpected PVC and rainwear out and about and on TV. For some reason seeing a lovely mac or PVC leggings is more exciting than it ought to be, and I find myself hoping for them when I watch my favourite TV programmes. As a result I have built up a mental list of those most likely to oblige with a shiny outfit. Most recently I have added Jo McNally to this list as she wore the most wonderful lime green PVC trousers in the latest episode of Taskmaster (UK). A quick Google reveals that she is no stranger to PVC in her appearances. So this is my little list of celebs I watch out for in the hope of some shiny viewings…

Bridget Christie (who can forget the black PVC jumpsuit in Taskmaster)
Sophie Duker (some gorgeous gold PVC trouser close ups in the great celebrity pottery throw down, and her see through mac in the same show)
Alex Jones
Clara Amfo

Sorry for our members outside the UK who may not recognise these ladies. I am somewhat old school and often find myself watching programmes as they are released on terrestrial TV rather than online.

Cherie x
Cagoulelover

Re: Looking out for sightings

Post by Cagoulelover »

An interesting post and I suppose I’ve not thought of it in these terms before but I guess over time I have build up an idea of raincoat / cagoule sightings.
I have recently taken to instagram and have come across 2 women (one a new reporter and one a hiking ‘blogger’) who I’ve noticed have worn cagoules in the past - I will periodically check their pages in case the cagoule makes another appearance!
This also extends as far as women who I know - my wife has friends who will wear raincoats and cagoules and I’m aware of seeing them in the local area.
When my kids were in school I knew which mums owned which cagoules and would keep an eye out for them in wet days.
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

The start of this thread reminds me of a Benny Hill routine where Benny and his team were selecting actors for roles and I had absolutely no idea who they were being all UK talent with me watching across the pond in the states.

Still - great discussion and am glad to hear some celebrities do have reputations for fetish & kink friendly wardrobe items.
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

Of course there are singers who also are renowned for PVC in their wardrobe. These tend to be more international than my last list…

Paloma Faith - sorry still UK
Kylie Minogue - interesting that she never wore PVC in her younger days that I am aware of
Shania Twain
Myley Cyrus

Then you come across people who never wear such things, despite being in many situations where a PVC raincoat would be highly appropriate, but strangely I can never remember their names!

Growing up in the 70’s I totally adored ABBA and I think they influenced my desires to cross dress. But I can say with confidence that none of them ever wore PVC. Spandex, lurex and other shiny materials yes, but never PVC. Fast forward to their new tour and the first ever appearance of the girls in black PVC raincoats. So maybe (like Kylie) a liking for such things grows with age, in which case there is hope for all of us!

Cherie x
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Are these the green trousers ?

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/28/inside-t ... -20550903/

If you go further down you can see that she seems to like black ones as well.

While shiny coats and jackets were very popular in the Seventies other shiny garments were very seldom. But there were some around of course.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Been raining steadily all day, had to go to Cheltenham so managed a strol around the high street charity shops looking for aome second hand waterproofs, nothing interesting but a red size small kag in a bag. But lots of lovely rainwear being worn. Couple of girls in black pvc, a older lady in long green rukka and a few more modern cagoules. Was worth it despite not finding any cagoules to buy.
Lets get swishy!
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

ilikecoated wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 6:57 am Are these the green trousers ?

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/28/inside-t ... -20550903/

If you go further down you can see that she seems to like black ones as well.

While shiny coats and jackets were very popular in the Seventies other shiny garments were very seldom. But there were some around of course.
No, her trousers were a lime green and smoother. I haven’t been able to find a picture anywhere. However, in the next episode (6) she is wearing these gold beauties…

https://imgur.com/24l6Sht

Cherie x
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

A few years ago when office based,
Dress down day, Dawn a middle aged woman turned up In a black pvc skirt. Normally a frumpy dresser but on this day she turned up in a black pvc skirt, never did find out why and totally out of character, but the skirt was gorgeous and quite tight on her, she struggled all day up the stairs and constantly pulling it down all day as it ride up, but alas on the Monday was back in a frumpy trouser suit.