Curious question

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Nylonmacs4me

Re: Curious question

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

plasticpacamac wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:09 pm
Nylonmacs4me wrote: October 28th, 2023, 9:05 pm
plasticpacamac wrote: August 21st, 2023, 10:43 pm I was made to wear those thin nylon raincoats by my then boss in the 1970s as part of a practical outfit for travelling in. He insisted for these trips every economy had to be made as we were charitably funded. So I wore nylon briefs, nylon shirts, nylon socks all of which could be hand-washed and drip-dried overnight. A cheap polyester suit from C&A, and a nylon pacamac when it rained. I stiil often wear a nylon pacamac though they are totally dated but as I'm an old man now, I'm not expected to be fashionable.
Did your boss dress the same as you ?
What colour Pakamac did you have, do you remember?
I do remember the navy blue nylon pacamacs as it was the first nylon pacamac I'd ever worn. I remember the weather during this trip was rainy which was great as I had plenty f opportunity to wear it when out of doors. I still have a couple of navy blue nylon pacamacs I regularly wear, 50 years later.
I have quite a collection of Pakamac’s and Pakamac style raincoats in various colours. With pockets and slits and a combination of both.
Some with vents, some plain.
Did you and your boss go walking in the rain together??
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

No! He wasnt like that at all. He was devoted to his wife and as far as I know had no fetishes whatever!
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

plasticpacamac wrote: October 31st, 2023, 9:17 pm No! He wasnt like that at all. He was devoted to his wife and as far as I know had no fetishes whatever!
Wasn’t really asking that. You might have thought that, but I was just curious if you went walking in the rain, not if you had an affair.
I’m sure he was devoted to his wife and didn’t have a fetish. I am sure rainwear and fetish don’t come into the equation with 99.99999 percent of the population.
Just the lucky few.
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

Sorry I misunderstood you! I've no doubt we both wore our nylon macs when outdoors during the course of our work trips but obviously can't remember after all this time. I was with hindsight grateful that he had introduced me to nylon macs as the transition from plastic to nylon pacamacs had somehow passed me by till then!
JoPVC

Post by JoPVC »

annabell-cagoule wrote: October 28th, 2023, 9:46 pm Love nylon rainwear, especially cagoules like peter storm, kway, regatta, etc
J'aime les K-way en nylon Pu, très brillant, mais ce n'est pas trop courant, au moins ici en France. Je remarque qu'en France, les gens ne portent pas souvent d' imperméables brillants! Ces dommage, car c'est très joli, très classe ! 😞