Funerals.

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
WealdenMac

Funerals.

Post by WealdenMac »

Attended the funeral of an old friend, in thick drizzle, on Wednesday and was struck by the fact that while, as is usual on these occasions, there was a coterie of young/youngish women dressed in black, unusually there was not a black pvc/pu mac or a black leather skirt to be seen. Made up for it yesterday however, when alighting from the train at Chichester were two attractive women both wearing fawn, single texture mackintoshes on what was, as forecast, a bright, dry day. You never can tell.
udoughnut

Re: Funerals.

Post by udoughnut »

I've seen some good sightings in Chichester before, definitely a well dressed/appropriate dressed residential area!
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

udoughnut wrote: February 18th, 2024, 6:57 am I've seen some good sightings in Chichester before, definitely a well dressed/appropriate dressed residential area!
Combination of "old money", countryside and horses perhaps.
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

I went to a funeral in the late 80’s where a woman wore a shiny black PVC trench coat. No idea who she was, but I was transfixed. Seemed totally the wrong situation to approach her, so I didn’t, but what a lovely sight! Maybe it was the only black thing she had to wear.

Cherie xxxxxxxx
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Cherie wrote: February 18th, 2024, 9:26 pm I went to a funeral in the late 80’s where a woman wore a shiny black PVC trench coat. No idea who she was, but I was transfixed. Seemed totally the wrong situation to approach her, so I didn’t, but what a lovely sight! Maybe it was the only black thing she had to wear.

Cherie xxxxxxxx
[/quote)
PVC coats were fairly common up to the end of the 1980's, after this I gradually began to notice them less often.