Watch Out, Watch Out There's An Image Thief About

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rainwear-experience

Watch Out, Watch Out There's An Image Thief About

Post by rainwear-experience »

A number of years ago I asked Pinterest to remove a number of images (140+) belonging to me from an account on their platform which they quickly did, it can't have been the only complaint they had about this account as it was removed from their platform shortly after

Sadly there is another account with a similar name now running, it would be great to think the new account was bursting with new original images for us all to see but of course its same moronic stripping of other peoples images

I understand content providers have varying attitudes to such things but I'm happy to pass on details to any content providers who are interested

Where possible I'll trace the originators of the material and make them aware of what is happening
milrubber

Re: Watch Out, Watch Out There's An Image Thief About

Post by milrubber »

I don't get what Pinterest is good for. It seems to consist ONLY of stolen images and prevents you from finding the real source when doing an image search.

I hate Pinterest with a passion.
nerzman

Post by nerzman »

Pinterest is a heaven for copyright violators - published extremely quickly. But try to get stuff like this removed - even if the copyright validation form gets processed the one day - who says the other day there won't be the next idiot publishing it all again - just as Ray said?

It's a race you as content creator can't win.

I'd even go this far to give "them" some free pieces. But they've disabled my Pinterest account and I can't open a new one. Loading up new rainwear images (fully-dressed ones) always leads to the new account being banned. Obviously some crazy algorithms stuff to keep little pervert weirdos like us out (and then go ahead and search for "rainwear" in Pinterest: Ridiculous...)
rainwear-experience

milrubber wrote: December 25th, 2020, 12:14 pm I don't get what Pinterest is good for. It seems to consist ONLY of stolen images and prevents you from finding the real source when doing an image search.

I hate Pinterest with a passion.
Like lots of things in life Pinterest is fine if used and policed properly however Pinterest cant / dont want to police it so leave it to members to report the abusers
rainwear-experience

nerzman wrote: December 25th, 2020, 1:19 pm Pinterest is a heaven for copyright violators - published extremely quickly. But try to get stuff like this removed - even if the copyright validation form gets processed the one day - who says the other day there won't be the next idiot publishing it all again - just as Ray said?

It's a race you as content creator can't win.

I'd even go this far to give "them" some free pieces. But they've disabled my Pinterest account and I can't open a new one. Loading up new rainwear images (fully-dressed ones) always leads to the new account being banned. Obviously some crazy algorithms stuff to keep little pervert weirdos like us out (and then go ahead and search for "rainwear" in Pinterest: Ridiculous...)
You should still be able to report copyright theft to Pinterest without having an account and I’m happy to provide you with details of any images I find
The more grief Pinterest get the more chance they will ban these morons
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

I also see Pinterest as a stupid Marketing and Advertising Platform for Influencers. With Google Image Search, you can Access over 100 Billion Images for free. But more and more Images are hosted on Pinterest. You cannot simply View or Download them. You are forced to this Stupid App. The App then lets you view and Download them, but you cannot really goog search in it. It suggests you images that you dont wanted, it adds a lot of commercial ads that you cannot download on your Device . Also the videos you cannot download on your Device. It eats a Lot of 4G volumina (In Germay, our High Speed Cell Phone Access is Limited to 5 Gigabytes a Month in a 10€/Month Flatrate after This you are Throttled to 56 kilobit/sec for the rest of the Month) A real Cell Phone Internet Flatrate in 4G costs 30€/Month for 1 Mbit/sec here. 5G is also Available Here but for extra 10€/month at the same data volumina. So useless.

Pinterest quickly eats up your Bandwith.
PVC is sexy.
Macexp2

Post by Macexp2 »

"if you want justice, you've come to the wrong place"
rainwear-experience

Macexp2 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:21 pm "if you want justice, you've come to the wrong place"
lol, thanks but I've known that for a very long time but it wont stop me
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

I Think at the time you upload an image to the web you have no chance to technically prevent downloading. If you block right click, the user uses the context menu save page as and extracts the image from the full page save directory. If you put it in java or flash, the user takes a screenshot, opens paint, pastes the screenscot, marks an copies the image, file new, paste again, save, done (prtscr, strg+v, mark, strg+c, strg+n, strg+v, strg+s) You prevent users that do not have big interest in your image. The user goes ahead to the next image in google image search. But if he really wants your image, he always gets it.You can onl go hunting for illegal uploads. If you make Videos and you want prevent the user from using youtube-dl or similar, younhave to publish it on a commercial streaming service like youtube channels, netflix, amazon prime or similar so that a Digital Rights Management is used. Video content on free platforms or Advertised Platforms is NOT protected with a digital right management.
PVC is sexy.
rainwear-experience

marcus_germany wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:37 pm I Think at the time you upload an image to the web you have no chance to technically prevent downloading. If you block right click, the user uses the context menu save page as and extracts the image from the full page save directory. If you put it in java or flash, the user takes a screenshot, opens paint, pastes the screenscot, marks an copies the image, file new, paste again, save, done (prtscr, strg+v, mark, strg+c, strg+n, strg+v, strg+s) You prevent users that do not have big interest in your image. The user goes ahead to the next image in google image search. But if he really wants your image, he always gets it.You can onl go hunting for illegal uploads. If you make Videos and you want prevent the user from using youtube-dl or similar, younhave to publish it on a commercial streaming service like youtube channels, netflix, amazon prime or similar so that a Digital Rights Management is used. Video content on free platforms or Advertised Platforms is NOT protected with a digital right management.
I have no objection to people downloading images which are mine, I'd be a hypocrite if I did

What I do object to is the morons who then decide to upload the images on to platforms like Pinterest, Flickr, Insta etc and create accounts with literally thousands of images on them, one account removed by Pinterest earlier in the year had around 48,000 images on it, I’d love to know what people get from creating such vast collections of images

I accept I'll never beat these morons but it wont stop me trying to protect what is mine