RUBBER MACKED FOR LIFE, part 1

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Tradmack

RUBBER MACKED FOR LIFE, part 1

Post by Tradmack »

Having been born shortly after WW2, I am now of a delicate age and thought that before I pop my clogs I will write my rubber memoirs for the enjoyment of others of a similar disposition.
I have spoken with very few people about my fetish, it was always and still is a very private matter to me but fellow enthusiasts will recognize the traits so beloved of us mackintosh devotees. Where it all began heaven knows, I suspect the rubber lined hood of my pram and my mother's rubber apron, bed sheet and other commonly used rubber articles had a hand. My earliest rubber recollection is of another family visiting and their infant had grown out of her mackintosh, now too small. My parents thought it would be ideal for me and so tried to put it on me. I screamed in protest at this ghastly tartan mack with it's thick red rubber lining. Eventually my mother in exasperation proclaimed "he won't wear it" and that was the end of that.
However it was the start of a lifetime love hate relationship with macks and fetish clothing.
In the Fifties there was a rubberized mack in every house in my area, cheap efficient protection from the rain. I was consigned to a navy blue gabardine raincoat for my early school life after my performance with the red mack. I remember being fascinated by the very common dark navy rubberized cotton macks, you might remember the slightly fluffy cream cotton interior. I secretly longed for one but my mother refused proclaiming that I would't wear it. She might have been right but I would have relished being forced to ? Rubber macks were everywhere at this time and I can still remember the stand out ones today 60 years later. I came home one rainy afternoon to find a neighbour in our kitchen in a fawn coloured rubber lined mack with it's rubber discoloured and fraying slightly. Another gentleman appeared one day wearing a brand new double textured white riding mack, in daily use then by many people. The mack seemed to envelope him completely and his small head poked out at the top of this huge mack that almost overwhelmed him, similar to some you see on Talking Pictures films of the era.
At an event at our local village hall, a lady had folded her thickly lined rubber mack with it's green lining showing and placed it right behind my chair, i could smell it all evening. Another lady nearby had a short velvet jacket in burgundy with a black rubber lining and an odour to die for. So it continued, i peeked in the boot of a visitors car and there was a blue rubber lining staring out at me, the folded mack which would soon be used as a groundsheet for a picnic. Happy days, happy memories, If anybody would like me to, I will continue from my secondary school days onwards in part 2.
Mikmac77

Re: RUBBER MACKED FOR LIFE, part 1

Post by Mikmac77 »

Very interesting !
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

Yes. More please, as we say, do tell all.
mactim

Post by mactim »

Happy memories! Let’s hear more about your love hate relationship with rubber mackintosh’s..would also be good to hear about your school navy gabardine raincoat as that’s where things started with me, my school mackintosh has a lot to answer for!
mactim

Post by mactim »

Happy memories! Let’s hear more about your love hate relationship with rubber mackintosh’s..would also be good to hear about your school navy gabardine raincoat as that’s where things started with me, my school mackintosh has a lot to answer for!
Rives

Post by Rives »

thoroughly enjoyed this. A shame Mummy wasn't more insistent on you wearing it, just as mine was. Would love to read more. Thanks
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

Rives wrote: October 14th, 2020, 2:45 pm thoroughly enjoyed this. A shame Mummy wasn't more insistent on you wearing it, just as mine was. Would love to read more. Thanks
Same here, no choice from my parents had to wear a mac all the time.
mrbassman101

Post by mrbassman101 »

@Tradmack
Great job , thoroughly enjoyed it.
Can't wait for the concluding parts .
Regards mrbassman101
jforjack

Post by jforjack »

Just love this, Tradmack. It brings back graphic memories
of my boyhood, when rubber mackintoshes were ubiquitous
and the scent of rubber was commonplace in our home.
Can`t wait for Part 2.
jforjack

Post by jforjack »

Just love this, Tradmack. It brings back graphic memories
of my boyhood, when rubber mackintoshes were ubiquitous
and the scent of rubber was commonplace in our home.
Can`t wait for Part 2.