Are you experienced in coats ?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rubgum

Are you experienced in coats ?

Post by rubgum »

I need your help,
https://geakmans.tumblr.com
1 . Where can I buy such coats ?
2 What are they made of ?
3 What is the name of the coats ?

Thanks in advance !!
BobbyValore

Re: Are you experienced in coats ?

Post by BobbyValore »

Pic 1 and 2 are stills from a clip from "hamiltonclassicsrainwear" on instagram posted on September 16th.
The material is SBR and they can make them to measure (prices start at 450 UKP, women sizes also off-the-rack available).

Their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hamiltonclassicsrainwear/
The clip the pics were taken from: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFMfdsIguVW/
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

Many thanks Bobby, you`re the man !
I comment little later, got some further questions first.
Please visit again, with the same topic
1. Where can I buy such coats ?
2 What are they made of ?
3 What are the name of the coats ?
https://geakmans.tumblr.com
Thanks in advance !!

If someone else has an idea, I wouldn`t mind !
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Outstanding !
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

Dear Bobby, haven`t got an instagram account so the URL didn`t work for me !
I`ve visited hamilton`s website, it`s O.K but couldn`t figure out in choosing colours, things like that.
Price I would pay but only if I`m sure what I really want . Hamilton seems to be the place to go !
Have you got garment from Hamilton ? Are there alternatives ?
It`s a high price on every aspect as I`ve never had a touch or feel of these coats !
And last but not least there are brexit negotiations, I`m not sure if the package reaches me in Germany
Sorry, talkin` `bout brexit in this context ?!!
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I know that the previous owners of Hamilton used to send swatches but since they are now gone, I don't know what happens now.

I have bought 3 garments for my lady partner consisting of mackintoshes in magenta, white and SBR. All are fine but the fact that they don't take a credit card is a step back in my opiinion.
mactim

Post by mactim »

Weathervane who used to have a shop near Kew Gardens now have a new shop nearby close to Richmond. I still think that they make the best mackintosh’s. I know that they can be a bit expensive but the quality is really good and you get what you pay for. They’ve just had a new batch of SBR
delivered and I’m very tempted to have them make me a long hooded anorak like the Stutterheim one’s but it would be so much better in SBR rather than
their rubber proofed material.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

mactim wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:06 am Weathervane who used to have a shop near Kew Gardens now have a new shop nearby close to Richmond. I still think that they make the best mackintosh’s. I know that they can be a bit expensive but the quality is really good and you get what you pay for. They’ve just had a new batch of SBR
delivered and I’m very tempted to have them make me a long hooded anorak like the Stutterheim one’s but it would be so much better in SBR rather than
their rubber proofed material.
Interesting, it would be great if they could make a raincoat very similar to a Stutterheim raincoat in SBR (not a long raincoat but the regular Stutterheim raincoat). That would mean a modern cut, popular raincoat available in rubber, which might make it easier to wear outdoors when the weather allows.
mactim

Post by mactim »

I have a Stutterheim raincoat which Weathervane would copy with the odd addition, maybe a larger hood and thigh straps and recreate it in SBR and you would end up with a very nice modern looking/fitting shiny black rubber raincoat which would n’t look out of place on a wet day with a pair of black Hunter wellies!
jforjack

Post by jforjack »

I agree with mactim that Weathervane make the best mackintoshes. They make quality double texture belted mackintoshes as good as the Riding Macs
that were so popular in the 1940s -1960s and they are a joy to wear even now in 2020.