Raincoat with or without (you) hood !

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rubgum

Raincoat with or without (you) hood !

Post by rubgum »

Many Raincoats have a detachable hood, why ?
A Raincoat without a hood makes no sense to me , because you´re not well protected. Rubberboots are highly recommended, too ! Ready to go ?
What´s your point ?
Last edited by rubgum on October 14th, 2020, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pvcdream

Re: Raincoat with or without (you) hood !

Post by Pvcdream »

Agreed hood should be on and used ☔️☔️
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

If you have a hood you should use it. Ex wife always made me have my hood up and tied tightly.
Pvcdream

Post by Pvcdream »

Andyf08 wrote: October 11th, 2020, 7:17 pm If you have a hood you should use it. Ex wife always made me have my hood up and tied tightly.
Rightly so ☔️☔️
Mackymick

Post by Mackymick »

Absolutely. Every Mac should have an attached hood, which should be worn up whenever possible. It should really be made compulsory that your partner makes you wear it up and securely tied off whenever they feel necessary. Rain or shine.
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

Mackymick wrote: October 11th, 2020, 9:12 pm Absolutely. Every Mac should have an attached hood, which should be worn up whenever possible. It should really be made compulsory that your partner makes you wear it up and securely tied off whenever they feel necessary. Rain or shine.
That is exactly how it was for me. Everytime we went out i had to have on a raincoat just in case and it was fully done up even when the sun was out.

I was at cotswold Airport yesterday in my raincoat, the wind was so cold I had my hood up pulled and tied tightly. Got a few strange looks but I was warm.
Hotnylon123

Post by Hotnylon123 »

I take advantage of it and take the hood off and put it over my face to do breath play its a good sensation.
warmac

Post by warmac »

If it has a hood it must be up and tightly fastened, in the current situation a mask should be worn as well. For me, anything other than a fully buttoned mackintosh is unacceptable.
cagouled rambler

Post by cagouled rambler »

I love wearing cagoules and pulling the hood drawstrings tightly around my face .The tighter the better ,even better when wearing them in reverse.....
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

I have to say that I have a preference towards no hood and instead wearing a rain hat with the raincoat or rain jacket being worn. Now, if I’m in public I will always prefer a hood but out in my own backyard or a quick walk down the street in my neighborhood is a different story!