Why is wearing rainwear often considered a perversion?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rcl

Re: Why is wearing rainwear often considered a perversion?

Post by rcl »

Living in the Western US, it seems to me that pvc raincoats are so rare to non-existent that nobody could really get the idea that they are a fetish object. Maybe I'm deluded about what people think. I wear long pvc-u-like raincoats all the time when it's wet, and often when it looks like it might be wet. Once in a while somebody makes a snide remark like "hmm, you look ready for the rain" but whenever it's raining, my raincoat is either ignored or somebody wants one. For my wife, on the other hand, it's a different story. She too wears a *very* girly PA3C raincoat whenever it's raining, and barely a day goes by when she's not complimented on it. As I said, maybe it's wishful thinking that nobody thinks either of us are wierd, but we have a *lot* of data points.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

In the US, I don't know if it's considered a "perversion" or fetish object, but it does seem more socially acceptable for women to wear shiny pvc/polyurethane raincoats. I don't actually own anything that looks particularly "feminine", sticking with mens' more "sporty" looking hooded PVC/PU slickers & a couple of old full-length black & yellow rubber coated cotton canvas raincoats...I've gotten a couple of snide comments from men when wearing a long yellow raincoat with a sou'wester, or when I've worn wellies on a workday; whereas when I wear a less conspicuous shorter hooded raincoat (or a cotton trench coat & umbrella) & my short Hunter boots I get nary a peep from anyone. But from women I've gotten nothing but smiles & compliments regarding my rain gear choices.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Bill_P wrote: May 10th, 2011, 1:24 pm In the US, I don't know if it's considered a "perversion" or fetish object, but it does seem more socially acceptable for women to wear shiny pvc/polyurethane raincoats. I don't actually own anything that looks particularly "feminine", sticking with mens' more "sporty" looking hooded PVC/PU slickers & a couple of old full-length black & yellow rubber coated cotton canvas raincoats...I've gotten a couple of snide comments from men when wearing a long yellow raincoat with a sou'wester, or when I've worn wellies on a workday; whereas when I wear a less conspicuous shorter hooded raincoat (or a cotton trench coat & umbrella) & my short Hunter boots I get nary a peep from anyone. But from women I've gotten nothing but smiles & compliments regarding my rain gear choices.
An old post but I like the comments. If I lined up ten of my friends and told them I enjoy wearing they would mostly likely get the picture of a flasher and tell me so. I think Hellywood is to blame for spinning this lie. I have often thought of what wearing rainwear means to me in three modes:

1) There is a practical reason to wear water proof clothing. Think of wearing a long coat because you take the train to work. You wear a suit if you are working outdoors in the weather. You wear something water proof to protect your clothing or to be able to be out in the weather for long periods of time.

2) There is a fashion reason to wear water proof clothing. Think of the movie "The Matrix." Everyone in the future wear rubber or PVC! Maybe not everyone but wearing something out of the ordinary is always a fashion statement. When I walk in to a Night Club wearing a full length, PVC mack it turns people's heads and they look at me. Visual statements such as our clothing immediately tell people who you are.

3) There is a "stimulating" reason to wear water proof clothing. This would be the commonly known as a fetish. For what ever reason be it associating something in childhood or some experience we have had along the way we connect rainwear with being excited in a physical dimension.

Something I have noticed is I get plenty of compliments for being bold, dressing as a lady and then wearing something like a rain coat out to the club. When I try to engage the person they pull back not because they are afraid but because of what their friends would say.

I think I was born too late: I should have been born in the forty's and then been around in the 60-70's as an adult. Plenty of PVC Fashion back then...
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
Hotnylon123

Post by Hotnylon123 »

I think its because some people just dont understand it so they dont know how to categories it because its a tactile fetish that can be linked to pleasure and pleasure can be linked to , God forbid it SEX ! .So it gets put into the PERVETED box like most fetishes. Personally i see my self as intouch with my tactile side and im happy and clear with who i am and what i like fettish wise , shame some people cant tap into their tactile side and enjoy what ever they are representing.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

MissRachel wrote: September 20th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Bill_P wrote: May 10th, 2011, 1:24 pm In the US, I don't know if it's considered a "perversion" or fetish object, but it does seem more socially acceptable for women to wear shiny pvc/polyurethane raincoats. I don't actually own anything that looks particularly "feminine", sticking with mens' more "sporty" looking hooded PVC/PU slickers & a couple of old full-length black & yellow rubber coated cotton canvas raincoats...I've gotten a couple of snide comments from men when wearing a long yellow raincoat with a sou'wester, or when I've worn wellies on a workday; whereas when I wear a less conspicuous shorter hooded raincoat (or a cotton trench coat & umbrella) & my short Hunter boots I get nary a peep from anyone. But from women I've gotten nothing but smiles & compliments regarding my rain gear choices.
An old post but I like the comments. If I lined up ten of my friends and told them I enjoy wearing they would mostly likely get the picture of a flasher and tell me so. I think Hellywood is to blame for spinning this lie. I have often thought of what wearing rainwear means to me in three modes:

1) There is a practical reason to wear water proof clothing. Think of wearing a long coat because you take the train to work. You wear a suit if you are working outdoors in the weather. You wear something water proof to protect your clothing or to be able to be out in the weather for long periods of time.

2) There is a fashion reason to wear water proof clothing. Think of the movie "The Matrix." Everyone in the future wear rubber or PVC! Maybe not everyone but wearing something out of the ordinary is always a fashion statement. When I walk in to a Night Club wearing a full length, PVC mack it turns people's heads and they look at me. Visual statements such as our clothing immediately tell people who you are.

3) There is a "stimulating" reason to wear water proof clothing. This would be the commonly known as a fetish. For what ever reason be it associating something in childhood or some experience we have had along the way we connect rainwear with being excited in a physical dimension.

Something I have noticed is I get plenty of compliments for being bold, dressing as a lady and then wearing something like a rain coat out to the club. When I try to engage the person they pull back not because they are afraid but because of what their friends would say.

I think I was born too late: I should have been born in the forty's and then been around in the 60-70's as an adult. Plenty of PVC Fashion back then...

Wow, an ancient post of mine resurrected! Thanks!

I have to say in the years since then I've gotten over my anxiety about wearing shiny raincoats in public and my collection has exploded as a result; at last count it was at 68, with like 24 shiny pvc or polyurethane, and 4 glass clear pvc, and I love wearing them all.
rainfash

Post by rainfash »

Many people think that wearing shiny Coats is just for prostitutes, and therefore perverted.
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

it's not the wearing of rainwear that could be called a perversion , it's what you do when you are wearing it , often involving splashing cum on the rainwear
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

It might have something to with some people wanking themselves silly out in the rain :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teslatex

Post by Teslatex »

I think an awful lot of this is in our own heads and minds!

I have been out, in the rain, wearing waterproofs and met a lady also out and about wearing waterproofs. We were chatting and both talked about how wearing waterproofs was perfectly the right thing to do. In fact both agreed on waterproof trousers and wellies! Never seen her since! :-/ I think only those that have a ‘thing’ about waterproofs even talk about them like this!

I’ve just posted a short while back how I finally wore some oilskins when out in the rain. It’s absolutely more fun n my mind that I’ll get ‘funny looks’ or ‘comments’. Most folk just don’t care/don’t notice/do notice but say nothing/wish they had waterproofs too!!

Anything perverted is in our minds-eye unless what you wear is explicitly and obviously designed as something sexual. Most waterproofs, overtrousers, suits, oilskins, waders etc are just ‘normal’ !! (Still need to fully convince my own brain that nobody else really cares!)
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

I think you answered your own question there!

If wearing waterproofs appropriately I.E not in bright sunshine or hot weather then all is well and good.
If not then I am pretty sure you will get comments that you will not appreciate!!