Is it 'gay' for a man to wear shiny rainwear in public?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Sarah pvc

Re: Is it 'gay' for a man to wear shiny rainwear in public?

Post by Sarah pvc »

I wear woman’s macs whilst out and about, for the reasons given. I love the designs from the fitted belts to the button details, more glossy appearance etc.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: January 28th, 2016, 2:39 pm Just your opinion:

Is it 'gay' for a man who identifies himself as heterosexual, to wear shiny or glass clear rainwear in public when the weather is appropriate?

Some women's and all unisex raincoats appeal to me more than men's; I like their glossiness/shininess, smoothness and bold colours. Conversely, vinyl/PVC raincoats designed for men tend to be in drab colours (shades of grey, for example ) and are, more often than not, matt (non-shiny). I don't own a single matt/non-glossy PVC raincoat- I don't like them.

Don't get me wrong- I don't wear any raincoat that is distinctly feminine in either design or colour out in public (shiny pink, for example, is a definite 'no-no'- no matter how hard it's raining!), but the shiny and glass clear raincoats I do wear out in public (when it is raining, of course) are unisex (e.g. PUL's full length 'fashion mac' or women's (PUL's 1980's-style jelly coat; I vividly remember these jelly coats/jackets as a schoolboy growing up in the 80's).

Like I say, I simply enjoy wearing my PVC rainwear out when it is raining; to top it off I often include those clear PVC bubble umbrellas (which are themselves marketed as women's style umbrellas). It is just that, as a heterosexual male, I don't want to be thought of by other members of the public as a 'puff' or 'crossdresser', which I am most certainly not (no offence meant to those who are gay or who like to crossdress).
1) Is it "gay?" Most certainly not! I do not mean to poke the bull in the eye but this would seem to indicate that a particular type of clothing we can determine what a person's sexual preference was??? See next line.

2) I WANT people to know I am a crossdresser however I am hetro. What does that mean? I love PVC rain-wear.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
rainfash

Post by rainfash »

I had visited a telco Shop in Germany, when it was raining. I wore my shiny black long Rain Jacket from PUL ( Type RA4) , and I Just got positive comments from the two ladies, who worked on my case.
The ladies were very attractive and confirmed that the long Rain Jacket was the best choice in that weather.

So definitely Not gay.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

rainfash wrote: September 27th, 2020, 8:33 pm I had visited a telco Shop in Germany, when it was raining. I wore my shiny black long Rain Jacket from PUL ( Type RA4) , and I Just got positive comments from the two ladies, who worked on my case.
The ladies were very attractive and confirmed that the long Rain Jacket was the best choice in that weather.

So definitely Not gay.
The two ladies said "the long Rain Jacket was the best choice in that weather" surely, as it was raining, that's just a statement nothing to do with being gay or not
jamesgreenberg

Post by jamesgreenberg »

I regularly wear my PUL jelly coat in Matt Black (still quite shiny). It's just a very practical jacket!
maidjenny

Post by maidjenny »

I love to wear my gents plastic shiny pac a mac and yes i also like to happy dress in ladies macs and pvc maid uniform. No i have not been with a man but recently showed to one on skype, curtsy from jenny
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

I like to wear any rainwear that is either shiny to start with or is shiny when socked with water after being out in the rain for ages.
Mar

Post by Mar »

No, it is not. I always wear shiny rainwear in public and so do my friends and family
dave62

Post by dave62 »

No. Just last week I had to be on the road, and made some 6 stops over an eight hour time span. I wore my jeantex "Frank". See through. At each and every single stop, women, especially those my age, made a comment. Even though it was a tad cold, I wore short-sleeve shirts. Four times I had women actually run their hand up and down my sleeve. No 6 foot distance for me. One women even asked me, "I'll bet you can't catch Covid in that!". I told her, "For fun, I turn it around and tie the hood tight!". She actually gasped and was crossing her legs.
Told my wife about that when I got home. Guess what she made me wear to bed, backwards?
maidjenny

Post by maidjenny »

As you will guess by the name i happy dress. I love to wear my macs outside gents long grey plastic but do get strange looks.