Favourite Celebrities

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
JellyMan

Favourite Celebrities

Post by JellyMan »

Spurred on by the recent topic on the lovely girls from Ace of Base in PVC macs, I thought I would delve into my past and see if I could dig up any saucy images of the ladies that inspired me (well certainly got me hard) in my youth. It is with a sad heart that I must report, with a high degree of certainty, that neither Agnatha nor Anni-Fridd from ABBA has ever worn proper rainwear, leggings, jackets or anything in plastic, PVC, rubber or even the mandatory leather. They can be seen in the tightest of spandex and the shortest of sexy skirts and dresses. Sequins abounded and 'skin tight shiny suits' were all the talk of the 70's but not in any fabric that I consider to be my fetish. Normally I prefer dark-haired girls, but growing up Agnetha made me all dewy-eyed. Everyone talked about "that Swedish sex" and long before IKEA they were so exotic and new. Come to think of it, I don't recall anyone from my younger days who I followed (by buying albums or watching their shows, not clicking 'like') because of the way they dressed, except possibly Suzi Quattro (although I did adore her music as much as her shiny leather gear). I'd love to know other member's thoughts on whether they particularly liked a celebrity because they dressed a certain way?
rainwear-experience

Re: Favourite Celebrities

Post by rainwear-experience »

Nope, I choose what music I listen to because of the musical content not the image, strangely I choose models on their ability to look good and not their musical ability

Guess I'm just odd :D
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Saw lots of groups in early 70's and as you Jellyman cannot remember any dressed in PVC.
But did see Suzi Quatro at the local Baths Hall
A pocket rocket dressed in black leather - certainly held the crowd , especially the men...lol
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

rainwear-experience wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 6:37 am Nope, I choose what music I listen to because of the musical content not the image, strangely I choose models on their ability to look good and not their musical ability
Back then music meant more to us than the throw-away streamed stuff today (not saying there aren't good contemporary artists, but also loads of crud). I do however admit to watching Miley Cyrus sing "nothing breaks like a heart" on the Graham Norton show when she wore a wonderful black PVC one-piece, and kept it on for the interview afterwards. I admit though I can't stand the song and turned the sound off!
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

hotwilly wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:46 am But did see Suzi Quatro at the local Baths Hall
That would have been my idea of heaven; brilliant music and Suzi live. I believe she is a really nice kind person in real life, not just an act.
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

Back in the nineties Carol Smiley used to wear a shiny pair of trousers on a home make over program ?
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

I am a lot less old, so for me there is a lot more to pick from... during my youth it was mostly latex that came by in music clips, some examples of celebrities sporting some shiny latex:
Britney Spears in Oops I did it again
Liberty X with Just a Little
Madonna with Human Nature (nicely cut to not show her age, lol)

And in many cases I liked the music clip for both the clothing they wore in the clip as well as for the songs. But at that age I wasn't that critical about music i think.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Back in the nineties Carol Smiley used to wear a shiny pair of trousers on a home make over program ?
If my memory serves me right it was the other one. Anna Richardson. That was during a time when shiny vinyl dresses, trousers, skirts and tops were very fashionable mostly due to the techno scene.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

As a Goth it was always Patricia Morrison (The Sisters of Mercy) for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrGEeU_JUvM
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »