Rain gear for work

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
hotwilly

Re: Rain gear for work

Post by hotwilly »

annabell-cagoule wrote: July 27th, 2020, 10:15 pm Have been lifeguarding today in the rain, full wetsuit on under my red nylon waterproof lifeguard cagoule :) was cosy warm.
Sounds good.

I jet washed a large area of brick paving dressed in the rain wearing the correct PPE: PU bib n brace, PVC jacket, black wellingtons and black rubber gloves
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Yesterday I treated two garden room on the outside.
Wore one piece pvc chemical/rainsuit Black wellingtons and Black wrist length rubber gloves.
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

spitfire617 wrote: July 29th, 2020, 9:31 am Yesterday I treated two garden room on the outside.
Wore one piece pvc chemical/rainsuit Black wellingtons and Black wrist length rubber gloves.
And i bet you enjoyed every minute of it
Question "was you naked underneath"?
Hope so
I certainly was whilst jetting the yard & again this morning
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
GummiTarzan

Post by GummiTarzan »

annabell-cagoule wrote: July 27th, 2020, 10:15 pm Have been lifeguarding today in the rain, full wetsuit on under my red nylon waterproof lifeguard cagoule :) was cosy warm.
Nice to stay in the wetsuit at work the entré day!
Dangerman

Post by Dangerman »

I have to steam clean the underside of HGV’s. I have to wear an industrial green 1 piece chemical suit, steel toed wellies, industrial rubber gloves and a face shield. Everyone thinks I’m taking one for the team doing the shittiest jobs at work. Oh how little do they know 😉
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

I was gardening yesterday in a red pvc Mack, if that counts as work in pvc...
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Sarah pvc wrote: March 19th, 2022, 11:47 am I was gardening yesterday in a red pvc Mack, if that counts as work in pvc...
There is a fine line between work and play where rainwear is concerned. Certainly sounds like fun, but it all depends on how warm you ended up being!

JM
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Spurred on by Sarah’s example, I have just completed an afternoon’s work in the garden wearing only my nylon over trousers and green PVC jacket, both have rubbery linings. Wellies help to hold the heat in and not a cloud in the sky meant no chance of rain. Quite daring for me as everyone was out and our garden is quite a long walk from the flat. Although I am not brave enough to go out in PVC; I wear normal clothes and get changed in the shed on arrival.

JM
Fluffyfurry

Post by Fluffyfurry »

Well since it didn't rain for a while here, I don't have to use it for the work, but I got a nice PVC rain pants and rubber boots from my employer. It's pretty cheap, but my first ever raingear since I was a kid, so it feels nice to wear it at home.