Lockdown - what are you going to wear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Re: Lockdown - what are you going to wear

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

BobbyValore wrote: March 27th, 2020, 5:02 am
Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: March 26th, 2020, 10:25 am Well, I am so spoiled for choice right now, my Farnerrain heavy duty bibs and jacket are here, I've had 2 boxes of goodies arrive from China with a 3rd due today, also due today are 2 Maxden rainsuits from South Africa, my Isotemp total enclosure heavy PVC hazmat suit is here and I've checked the tracking on the all rubber Aquala drysuit I won on ebay and it's arrived in the UK now. If I have to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks I don't see that being a problem, I've got more than enough to keep me occupied :)
Let us know how you like that all. A review (can be short) would be great.

Especially in case you like the Maxden rainwear: where did you order it, how did the shipping go and what did they charge, etc.
The Maxden rainsuits are great, I had one before and regretted selling it almost immediately. They were ordered from Pienaar Bros. in Cape Town, they don't have them listed on their website but I had heard they sold them so I emailed and right enough, they do sell them. The store is really easy to deal with, I was quoted ZAR1,318 (GBP£72) for 2 suits, one orange and one green, you'll need to pay by bank transfer and arrange your own courier to collect, I did this through Parcel Monkey and was GBP£46 to ship to the UK, plus another GBP£23 in import taxes, it's a lot to pay for 2 PVC rainsuits, but if you want Maxden, it's the only way I found to get them.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
kinkydenn

Post by kinkydenn »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: March 27th, 2020, 1:06 pm
BobbyValore wrote: March 27th, 2020, 5:02 am
Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: March 26th, 2020, 10:25 am Well, I am so spoiled for choice right now, my Farnerrain heavy duty bibs and jacket are here, I've had 2 boxes of goodies arrive from China with a 3rd due today, also due today are 2 Maxden rainsuits from South Africa, my Isotemp total enclosure heavy PVC hazmat suit is here and I've checked the tracking on the all rubber Aquala drysuit I won on ebay and it's arrived in the UK now. If I have to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks I don't see that being a problem, I've got more than enough to keep me occupied :)
Let us know how you like that all. A review (can be short) would be great.

Especially in case you like the Maxden rainwear: where did you order it, how did the shipping go and what did they charge, etc.
The Maxden rainsuits are great, I had one before and regretted selling it almost immediately. They were ordered from Pienaar Bros. in Cape Town, they don't have them listed on their website but I had heard they sold them so I emailed and right enough, they do sell them. The store is really easy to deal with, I was quoted ZAR1,318 (GBP£72) for 2 suits, one orange and one green, you'll need to pay by bank transfer and arrange your own courier to collect, I did this through Parcel Monkey and was GBP£46 to ship to the UK, plus another GBP£23 in import taxes, it's a lot to pay for 2 PVC rainsuits, but if you want Maxden, it's the only way I found to get them.
I am glad you did sell it, I bought it!!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Have fun Mudlover :) x
Lets get swishy!
cagouled rambler

Post by cagouled rambler »

During self isolation last weekend I wore a Azure blue k-way over head cagoule with navy Peter storm waterproof trousers and hunter wellies .I was naked underneath and it felt amazing. For the extra thrill I also wore a surgical mask !!