Aliexpress

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Phee Jameson

Aliexpress

Post by Phee Jameson »

Hi guys! Just wondering; has anybody here bought from Aliexpress? I've seen some really good looking rainsuits but I'm a little concerned about quality / what I will actually receive given the reputation these Chinese sites have! If any of you have ordered from the site I'd love to hear your experience because some of the things I've seen are truly great value for money, IF the site is reliable and trustworthy!

Really loving the transparent silver / blue suits here!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299206 ... 73110bddf6
blackmacjay

Re: Aliexpress

Post by blackmacjay »

I don't know much but I do know that the Chinese don't make a lot of great quality rainwear. Or even anything else for that matter.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

I also would say to stay away from anything from china: we have a different standard of quality here in the West. That said I have bought from https://elementsrainwear.co.uk/ make sure you pay attention to the location of the product. I buy ONLY from the UK giving a choice.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
Phee Jameson

Post by Phee Jameson »

I've just bought two, will let you guys know how it goes!
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

elementsrainwear does have china man products, however, they are supervised. i have two rubber wader suits (with attached boots and gloves) from china, but i would probably avoid them when it comes to pvc and vinyl products.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

And you have to beware of "Asian sizing"
XXXL = European L
5XL = European XXL
Buyer beware!
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

Sizing: as Spitfire already mentioned, Asian sizing is much smaller than European sizing. You will need to go up a few sizes but, especially important for busty women, the proportions of the clothing are based on Asian proportions also. So expect to get into trouble trying to close the jacket above the waist (maybe not such a problem with baggy rainwear though).

Quality: China is known for its cheap production, not its quality. Let us know how you rate the seams and overall quality of the products once you got them as I would be worried the pants might crack quickly when one bents over. Exception is when western companies set up production centers in China and guard quality themselves, although that is what Hunter did and that didn't work out so well.

Safety: the standards of safety are much lower in China and I think they circumvent regular check by selling through Aliexpress. Risky business for "chemical" products like plastics and PVC. Maybe not a problem in Asia when people wear the rainsuit over their regular clothes on the motorbike, it might be more of an issue when you wear less layers under them.

That said, i hope it works out for you as it opens the doors to a whole new range of rainwear sellers with relatively low prices. I looked through asian online sites before but was never able to find anything i would really fancy, unfortunately.
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I bought a Rainfreem suit from Alien express and I am very pleased with it. I sem to remember I orderd a xxl size and I am a uk large 44 chest but I would advise ordering a xxxl I you want a loose fitting.

£18.13 65%OFF | Rainfreem Double-layer Impermeable Raincoat Women/Men Rain Coat Suits Outdoor Women Motorcycle Camping Rain Gear Poncho
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/C2NN58twL
Rainwear_chrys

Post by Rainwear_chrys »

Ive bought the teal green colored rainsuit this year personally not really satisfying for me as I assumed the texture would be glossy and shiny from the inside as well (that's how I like my rainwear) although liked the durability of it, smelled great but nothing like pvc it has a slightly rubbery smell to it, although it's shiny from the outside so now I reverse it and wear it to bed to enjoy the texture.
Phee Jameson

Post by Phee Jameson »

Ahh I didn't consider sizing when ordering, I was in magpie mode and saw something shiny and hit the order button. stupidly forgot that they are a few sizes smaller. I prefer relatively tight fitting anyway so hopefully it'll be all good!

At the end of the day, if the quality is not the best it doesn't matter too much to me, they just need to look good in photos and hold up for a few photoshoots as that will be their main purpose. I bought two full suits for the price that I would normally buy one raincoat so I won't be too upset, but hopefully they will surprise me!