Found 3 raincoats

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
1000Raincoats

Found 3 raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

Yesterday I found a 2 PVC raincoats and a nylon raincoat in a container at the recycling site. :o I took them home and washed them. They have no damage is almost like new and then I'm so lucky they fit me the size. It's simple to not understand one can be so lucky. I have had all 3 of them for most of the afternoon and evening. :roll: :roll: :roll:
luvcapes&macks

Re: Found 3 raincoats

Post by luvcapes&macks »

maybe a wife or partner insisted they should be binned , " it's me or your macs ! "
1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

rukkacrazy wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 8:47 amwhat brand?
Pakamac PVC coats and a Lilion -nylon coat.

I love them.... :D
cagoulion

Post by cagoulion »

There's been qute a lot of older PVC macs appeared at dumps and charity shops here this year. Some of the ones I've got date from the 1980s and literally look like they were last worn then.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Good scores! Not seen many in the shops around here sadly
X
Lets get swishy!
MacRobin

Post by MacRobin »

I once went into a charity shop in Wilmslow and was stunned to see that they had a black SBR my size on the rail and it was no ordinary SBR. As a lining it had a thin fabric of rubberised cotton, with the cotton hidden, so that the stern outer SBR and the soft inner shared their cotton fabric, hidden from the outside and inside. I felt so faint that I went to the door to get some fresh air and then realised that someone else might buy it whilst I was being stupid. I went back inside, swished it off the peg and put the demanded £20 down on the counter.
"Dont you think you should try it on for size first?
"It fits, I know it fits.
"Yes, but we have so may people coming back saying it doesnt fit and we are a charity shop and we dont do refunds.
"I promise you, I wont come back saying it doesnt fit and wanting my money back.
"It doesnt take a minute to try it on in the cubicle.
"If you insist.

In the cubicle it fitted of course and I even tightened the belt. Then the curtain sliiped open and she entered.
"Oooooooooh, it fits
"I know it does. I knew it would.
"Can I, can I . . . erm stroke it.
"Yes Miss -- you are Miss? But only on the condition that if you stroke it, you are prepared to face the consequences.
She was.

It was the most exciting and exhilarating mack I ever owned.
1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

I am most pleased with the Lilion raincoat which is dark blue and nylon. I want to find a few more, a brown and dark blue, as I love to wear nylon raincoats. I already had 2 nylon coats that I use everyday. Sometimes I wear both at the same time and the PVC coat without over. I often put on one nylon coat and put it in my pants and then the other nylon coat on the outside. And sometimes the PVC coat over. It's a really nice feeling. I love it... :-)
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

1000Raincoats wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 3:14 pm I am most pleased with the Lilion raincoat which is dark blue and nylon. I want to find a few more, a brown and dark blue, as I love to wear nylon raincoats. I already had 2 nylon coats that I use everyday. Sometimes I wear both at the same time and the PVC coat without over. I often put on one nylon coat and put it in my pants and then the other nylon coat on the outside. And sometimes the PVC coat over. It's a really nice feeling. I love it... :-)
Is the Lilion raincoat the same style as the PVC Pakamac ?
Sounds wonderful.
1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

Yes, all long raincoats.
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

1000Raincoats wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 9:37 pm Yes, all long raincoats.
Oh that’s great, my favourite