Raincoat/PVC holiday booked :)

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwear-experience

Re: Raincoat/PVC holiday booked :)

Post by rainwear-experience »

Tim Raincoat wrote: October 8th, 2019, 7:53 am I like to take lots of pvc away with me on holiday. I also enjoy going out wearing nothing but pvc and if you wear a long pvc trench coat no one will ever know what you are wearing under neath ?
Until you get hit by a bus and then you'll be tha talk of the A&E Christmas party :D
latexloo

Post by latexloo »

This is a subject that is very close to my heart. Every November I book a cottage, usually in Devon or Cornwall, and for the week i wear rubber everyday whilst out and about. I think in these more rural or coastal areas, raincoats and wellies are more the norm rather than the exception, so to add to this rubber trousers and top doesn't push things too far away from what is normally acceptable.
This year however, I took a new approach and hire a narrowboat for 10 days on the LLangollen and Shropshire Union Canals. I applied the same approach and it worked surprisingly well. The majority of the time I was on the back of the boat, ansd the only people that see you are people on the towpath or passing boats, so its only the briefest of meets. However, whilst working the locks or lift bridges, you get to meet and talk to others which is a great thrill when you are dressed in nothing but rubber! Throw into the mix the wet days where anyone within their right mind would have been wearing some sort of raingear, it is a very natural setting to enjoy and be accepted in wearing our favourite stuff.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: October 8th, 2019, 10:09 am
Tim Raincoat wrote: October 8th, 2019, 7:53 am I like to take lots of pvc away with me on holiday. I also enjoy going out wearing nothing but pvc and if you wear a long pvc trench coat no one will ever know what you are wearing under neath ?
Until you get hit by a bus and then you'll be tha talk of the A&E Christmas party :D
And yes they do talk about things like that!
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 8:47 am
Thats sounds like the voice of experience :D
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:51 am
spitfire617 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 8:47 am

Thats sounds like the voice of experience :D
Yes I worked for the NHS
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:52 am
Yes I worked for the NHS
A very good place to work for anyone into plastics and rubber ;) but even more rewarding in other ways Im sure

Thanks for your service
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

I agree with latexloo, narrowboats are ideal for wearing rubber gear especially with our usual summers. Always wore some rubber on my boat even if only wellies with shorts when it was hot. The excuse if asked was 'the grass was wet this morning and I haven't got round to taking them off' no one ever queried that.
supreme-sissy

Post by supreme-sissy »

latexloo wrote: October 9th, 2019, 8:42 am This is a subject that is very close to my heart. Every November I book a cottage, usually in Devon or Cornwall, and for the week i wear rubber everyday whilst out and about. I think in these more rural or coastal areas, raincoats and wellies are more the norm rather than the exception, so to add to this rubber trousers and top doesn't push things too far away from what is normally acceptable.
This year however, I took a new approach and hire a narrowboat for 10 days on the LLangollen and Shropshire Union Canals. I applied the same approach and it worked surprisingly well. The majority of the time I was on the back of the boat, ansd the only people that see you are people on the towpath or passing boats, so its only the briefest of meets. However, whilst working the locks or lift bridges, you get to meet and talk to others which is a great thrill when you are dressed in nothing but rubber! Throw into the mix the wet days where anyone within their right mind would have been wearing some sort of raingear, it is a very natural setting to enjoy and be accepted in wearing our favourite stuff.
Hiya,

Thank you so much for sharing your story it was a very interesting read and its good to see that other people do what we are planning to do and we are always looking for new ideas. We look forward to getting to know you more through Rainwear Central :-)
supreme-sissy

Post by supreme-sissy »

rubberdee wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:07 am I agree with latexloo, narrowboats are ideal for wearing rubber gear especially with our usual summers. Always wore some rubber on my boat even if only wellies with shorts when it was hot. The excuse if asked was 'the grass was wet this morning and I haven't got round to taking them off' no one ever queried that.
We agree too, we look forward to getting to know you more :-)
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

supreme-sissy wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:44 pm
kinkydenn wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:10 pm Sounds like fun, Im quite jealous of him!
No reason to be jealous anyone can do it :-) If you can think of anything else I should do to him in public let me know as I am open to ideas to wind him up and make matters worse for him :-)
Do you normally let Sissy Bum go out fully made up so that (s)he has a chance to 'pass' in public?
On Holiday why not change it and have Sissy full dressed en-femme (but no make-up or wig) and then walk, on their own, to a full session ie. manicure, pedicure, make up etc at a local salon? You could be sitting at a cafe to watch.
I'm sure(s)he would be suitably embarrassed, whether this would be worse or better as far as (s)he is concerned would be open to debate

Heather xx