Holiday destinations

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
HeatherlovesPVC

Holiday destinations

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

I have just returned from Copenhagen and would recommend anyone from this site to visit. In four days I saw, worn in the street, 6 black, 3 blue and 2 red shiny PVC jackets. I also saw a 3/4 length shiny black coat as well as a full length Red Rukka style coat.
I lost count of the number of girls wearing yellow jackets and coats.
Also quite a few of the shops were selling shiny jackets and coats.
So I was thinking that we, on this forum, could compile a list of places where our favourite rainwear is worn openly so that others could choose them as a holiday destination.

Heather
transparence

Re: Holiday destinations

Post by transparence »

Hi, everybody!
Lourdes, in the Pyrenean Mountains in the south western part of France is a town where a pilgrimage is held. Transparent or translucent PVC (and not only these cheap and thin PU raincoats) rainwear can be found in nearby every shop! I was there twice and bought lots of raincoats! And last but not least, thousands of pilgrims can be seen wearing plastic under heavy rain. Lourdes is known to have usually wet weather. This place is really interesting for our rainwear dreams!
Roland
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

We are too stiff upper lip in this country and must all wear matte black, in Europe they are far more open minded and much prefer brighter colours ?
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

The Western coast of Norway. Visitor to child in Bergen, "Does it always rain here?" Child, "I don't know. I'm only thirteen".
thighbootman

Post by thighbootman »

Finland is another good hunting ground
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

Everywhere but the British Isles it would seem. They have special days for all kinds of things these days, let's have one " Wear a mackintosh Day"
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

Iceland (Rykjavik) appears to be good around festival time (end of July).
https://www.dalurinn.is/en
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

Johnnyrbr wrote: October 7th, 2019, 8:06 am Everywhere but the British Isles it would seem. They have special days for all kinds of things these days, let's have one " Wear a mackintosh Day"
We could have our own wear a Macintosh day on here every Monday for example to brighten the first dy of the week, anybody else up for it ?
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

I sometimes wonder if having an interest in rainwear alters peoples abilty to think straight
cagoulion

Post by cagoulion »

Well I've always noticed that the raincoat wearers I see come from bits of Sweden and Norway and Denmark so a Scandinavian trip would probably be a good rainwear trip as of course are Scottish Islands and bits of Holland seem to get more than their fair share of rain. Wales seems mostly underwater most of the year and I had a really fun trip there many years ago and of course Ireland has a damper climate than many countries with lots of rural walking areas.