Inside the Factory

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
irishcagoule

Inside the Factory

Post by irishcagoule »

DOCUMENTARY: Inside the Factory
On: BBC 2 Northern Ireland (109)
Date: Sunday 11th August 2019 (55 minutes left)
Time: 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour long)

Waxed Jackets. Series 5, episode 2.
Gregg Wallace visits a clothing factory in South Shields that manufactures 650 waxed jackets a day. Cherry Healey investigates the science behind waterproof clothing, discovering how a layer of material can keep rain in while allowing sweat to escape, as well as discovering 150-year-old methods of making umbrellas. Plus, Ruth Goodman visits a Scottish harbour to discover the origins of weatherproof coats.
(Audio Described, Widescreen, Repeat, Subtitles)

Starring: Gregg Wallace, Cherry Healey, Ruth Goodman, Matthew Reinders, Daisy Fordham, Sanjay Singhal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Video: Inside the Factory' and 'Favourite: Inside the Factory' markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=29247

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
hotwilly

Re: Inside the Factory

Post by hotwilly »

I enjoyed watching this, even better that all the women on the machines were wearing what appeared to nylon overalls - my second fetish
The supervisor was in the ble, the women in green - not that I took much notice,lol
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
irishcagoule

Post by irishcagoule »

Hope its available on youtube, currently recording to my virginmedia box, not sure how to take it off?
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I wasn't able to see first part but watched last 15 minutes. I was wishing it was me there. I've never had one but known several with them and loved the feel of them. Always wished they had a rubbery smell as well.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Waxed jackets are ghastly in all kinds of different ways.
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

I installed some computer equipment at that factory back in the mists of time. That kind of clothing doesn't do anything for me but there were lots of nice women working there.
irishcagoule

Post by irishcagoule »

https://digiguide.tv/show-times/1132568 ... ry/page/2/
Logo for BBC 2 Northern Ireland

Inside the Factory(Documentary)
Monday, August 19th, 2019 on
BBC 2 Northern Ireland from 8:00am to 9:00am
Image for Inside the Factory
Waxed Jackets. Series 5, episode 2
Gregg Wallace visits a clothing factory in South Shields that manufactures 650 waxed jackets a day. Cherry Healey investigates the science behind waterproof clothing, discovering how a layer of material can keep rain in while allowing sweat to escape, as well as discovering 150-year-old methods of making umbrellas. Plus, Ruth Goodman visits a Scottish harbour to discover the origins of weatherproof coats.
(Audio Described, Signed, Widescreen, Repeat, Subtitles)
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

I watched this and found it quite interesting, pity the science behind waterproof clothing didn't cover the best material of them all lovely shiny PVC.....ah well